PDA

View Full Version : British TV in Andalucia Spain

Tryharder
26-03-14, 18:51
A mate of mine has just gone over to his place in Andalucia Spain and he can no longer get British TV on his Satelite Box he has a FreeSat Box that he took over there. Is it no longer possible to get BSB over there or does he need to move his dish or something.

Thanks in advance for any help given.....

rgds. Tryharder

Larry-G
26-03-14, 18:59
This is because of the new satellite which carries most if not all of the british FTA content, ( Astra 28F ) it has a much reduced footprint especially to prevent viewing from out side of the UK. in some places a larger dish may work but for most people british FTA content from sky uk is now a thing of the past.

Tryharder
27-03-14, 06:43
Thanks for the reply. So do you know if it is possible to get Thor or some other Sat. that carries quite a bit of English speaking content that could be received from Andalucia using maybe a different Sat. Box?

Rgd. Tryharder

Tryharder
27-03-14, 06:50
Oh by the way do you know the name and position of the new satellite by any chance and i,m pretty sure his dish is 1.2mtr. I am thinking he could maybe get a local Sat. Man in to realign the dish or fit a bigger one. But he will need to know which Sat. He wants to point it at.

thanks again.....

rgds. Tryharde