PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Multiple Satellites

westhammer
26-03-14, 10:34
Hi

I have now got my reciever and dish aligned.

How do I scan multiple satellites into the Vu Plus Duo memory using the predefined transponders.

I want to be able to go in and enable/disable certain satellites.

Thx

Stanman
26-03-14, 14:18
Save time and use a settings like vhannibal cstseye and delete the onr you dint want.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

timofee
26-03-14, 14:49
It is not a good idea to use predetermined channel lists as you end up with thousands of channels you can't receive in your location or on standard sized dishes.

It is much better to do full satellite scans using the excellent built in system in the ViX image.

What you do is go to menu - setup - service searching - manual scan
In the next screen select Multisat (2nd line down) - then set every satellite you can receive at your location to enable. It can take a long time to do every satellite position so it can be more convenient to do a few satellites at a time so you can see what it happening.

westhammer
26-03-14, 14:54
To be clear I'm tuning this for the 1st time and I've got the satellite positions pre-programmed via USALs and a motorised dish spanning 60E to 15W.

I've now found the way to search using multi sat mode in manual scan and this has completed successfuly. I tried 16e and 13e and from this menu it has found both FTA and scrambled channels. How do I re-scan the same multi sat mode but tell the receiver to only look for FTA channels?

Is this possible?

Stanman
26-03-14, 17:25
It is not a good idea to use predetermined channel lists as you end up with thousands of channels you can't receive in your location or on standard sized dishes.

It is much better to do full satellite scans using the excellent built in system in the ViX image.

In the next screen select Multisat (2nd line down) - then set every satellite you can receive at your location to enable. It can take a long time to do every satellite position so it can be more convenient to do a few satellites at a time so you can see what it happening.

That's what software like dreamset and dreamboxedit is for, you just delete the entries that you do not need and the lists mentioned above are tailored for euro so unlikely you will find channels from OZ in there.

abu baniaz
26-03-14, 17:49

Just to add to this.... You can select which tuner to scan from/use. (If the tuner with only one sat is selected, you won't get the option to enable disable different satellites)

Having said that, I use a premade channel list that is updated regulalry. Some channels are too weak at certain times of the day and fine at other times.

You can also delete bouquets using editors without deleting the channels.

westhammer
27-03-14, 23:50
All,

Thanks.

So is it possible to scan in multi sat mode but only scan the FTA channels - if so how?

abu baniaz
28-03-14, 00:29
All,

Thanks.
So is it possible to scan in multi sat mode but only scan the FTA channels - if so how?

Thanks to someone else for the answer. At the bottom after list of satellites, it says "only free scan", change this to "yes".

westhammer
28-03-14, 09:10
I'll take another look tonight but I'm really sorry if it does as I went right through that menu (I thought). :confused:

Thanks again Abu.

westhammer
28-03-14, 18:54
Abu,

Youare quite correct - many thanks. You have to go to the very bottom of the satellite list to do this which I hadn't.

Thanks to all again.