PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Cant record on my vuo duo, keeps showing Write error while recording, Disk full???

kishan333
25-03-14, 22:26
hi guys,

I have the vu duo box with a hitachi 500gb hardrive installed however when i try to record a program it shows Write error while recording. Disk full??

i only recieved the two weeks ago there is nothing on it, its emptyvu. I would like all my recordings to go onto the hadrive. everything else s working but the epg as i cant change location from internal flash to hardrive.

how would i fix this? please help

i have previously been recommended to initialise the hardrive however everytime i do it shows error could not complete. It is really annoying can anyone help me?

also can somebody also help me out with the epg issue i am having as stated above, it only shows now and next there is no 7 day epg.

judge
25-03-14, 22:37
Is the HDD showing up under Mount manager?
Blue button -> ViX -> Mount manager - if so, yellow to unmount & then initialise it.

kishan333
26-03-14, 00:11
hi, in mount manager it shows this:
size: unavailable
Device: /devsda1
mount: none
type: unavailable

judge
26-03-14, 00:13
And in that state, is it still failing to initialise?
If so, can you hook it up to a PC & format it there?

kishan333
26-03-14, 09:20
And in that state, is it still failing to initialise?
If so, can you hook it up to a PC & format it there?

Yes it is still failing, hi I'm not a techie person hjow would undo the above? Is there another way

Peterj
26-03-14, 11:45
Do it your self way: take de disk out of your receiver. Connect it to the PC using a usb/sata connector (if you have one, probably not), or open your PC and connect it with an extra sata cable en power connector. Format it using the PC.

The easy way: Take your receiver to a computer (repair) shop and ask them to format and check the disk for you. They know how to do it.