PDA

View Full Version : Glitch

DaMacFunkin
25-03-14, 19:41
Hello, I was wondering if any body would like to try something on their system it would just help me cross something of my fault list, if you have a solo2 or a duo2 and a freesat tv all running of the same lnb, does your freesat tv picture glitch whilst booting or power cycling your box, mine does, it glitches up if the box starts to use another tuner as well (recording) I just want to see if that's how it works on other people's set ups to assess whether I have a lnb fault.
Ps it has to be those items, I can reboot, power cycle, chuck in a bath of water my technomate nano oe and it doesn't create any glitches at all on any other equipment.
Thank.

jonnyflash
25-03-14, 23:52
Don't know if this helps, but I have solo2, skybox f5, sky+ hd box and sky sd box all off same LNB, no problem like you are having

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
26-03-14, 14:06
Cheers mate for the information, I'm basically having a problem with a duo2, but I've noticed during my investigations these glitches on my solo2 and freesat, I'm now beginning to wonder if the problem is actually my new Technomate octo lnb.
Ps. I asked this question in this forum because more people have solo2 than duo2.
Pps. If anybody else knows whether I should see a bit of glitching then feel free to let me know.

Larry-G
26-03-14, 16:52
No issues here with my solo2 glitching and I run a solo2, tm nano, vu plus uno, tm 2t from the same sky octo lnb. In fact I have 7 receivers running from a combination of two sky octo lnbs and another twin lnb that I can't remember the name of ( something ultra black is all I can remember ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
26-03-14, 16:53
If its only affecting your freesat tv it may be that it's not shielded properly. Check your cable for splits and tears.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
26-03-14, 20:34
Basically here goes if solo2 is switched on and freesat tv in other room and I start, reboot or another tuner starts up on duo 2, the solo 2 glitch during theses operations. Basically any combination of those 3 doing anything glitches the other 2 (my technomate nano oe doesn't suffer or cause problems) I only put this lnb on on Saturday and since then my new duo 2 locks up something stupid and at first I thought it might be faulty (still might) but then when checking my cables and swapping them around I found that solo2 was also acting strange and freesat would go glitchy when anything was happening on the VUs.... It could be a short on a wire at the lnb although I'm certain they are fine, I'm looking at the possibility that this super high gain technomate octo lnb might be too strong or defective, I have ordered a zinwell octo and on Saturday I will go up and double check the connections and swap the lnb.... Or it could be my duo2 shorting or over heating.....
Thanks for the info mr Phoenix.

YzMENTALzY
27-03-14, 02:26
Doubt its the duo mate check your wiring again, or do a fresh reset on the duo and solo... I know its a pain in the back side but eliminate all possibilities.... I would recommend checking your cables.... Plus if your nano isnt doing it it must be the boxes.... But cant be 3 of them

jonnyflash
03-04-14, 20:22
Any luck with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk