PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Queston- Vix Boot up Times??

mickyblueys
24-03-14, 17:08
I have 2 Duo's one of them is running Vix 3.0 808 and the other is running Vix Zeus 009. They are both networked with each other using nfs shares. Both use rear usb for timeshift and picons. Epg is stored on internal HDD. Plugins are cache flush, lraizer Autobouquets, Ondemand and Airplayer, + vix default Plugins.

My question / request is what are the boot times of the duo's of other users? Both of my boxes are now taking over 7 minutes to bootup (from rear button press to splash screen going off and channel starting) , which is extremely slow, and they never used to take so long. (Not that i can remember anyways) I'm not sure how long they have been this slow at booting up, as i very rarely power them fully down. my daily power timer is for just a restart GUI.

Any feedback would greatly appreciated.

I have disabled network shares and removed rear USB to see if that improved my boot times but it did not, (for info)!

Also i have just changed my homes router late last week (for info) don't know if that would make any difference.:confused:

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 18:05
Boot times are extremely dependant on the set up. Having said that: 7 minutes is far too long.

Two common issues: external mounts that are in fstab but not in real live and an internal HDD that is being checked during boot up.

mickyblueys
24-03-14, 18:10
Understand where you are coming from that's why I've tried disabling both mounts, to no avail. Regarding hdd being checked, I've heard of this happening, but it wouldn't check it every boot up, would it? And on 2 separate boxes.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
24-03-14, 18:13
My mounts are using fstab, would you recommend a different type anyway?

Larry-G
24-03-14, 18:14
are these fresh setups or not ?, personally i would try setting one up from scratch adding plugins etc one at a time with a reboot in-between to see if it affects the boot speed.

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 18:18
My mounts are using fstab, would you recommend a different type anyway?
Yes, fstab does have (general Linux) issues, autofs does not have them.
It is important to setup all mounts fresh; checking fstab for orphans is not a bad idea.

mickyblueys
24-03-14, 18:18
The Zeus is a fresh set up, the 808 is from whenever that build was released.

mickyblueys
24-03-14, 18:21
I'll try and flash the Zeus box again tomorrow, and install everything 1 at a time.

cosie
25-03-14, 00:57
Hi guys I have 2 duos mounted to each other via nfs. Both boot up under 90 second.if it takes up to 7 minutes there must be a problem for sure

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
25-03-14, 09:08
Hi guys I have 2 duos mounted to each other via nfs. Both boot up under 90 second.if it takes up to 7 minutes there must be a problem for sure

What image is on your boxes, e.g. Zeus, 3.0??? And build???

cosie
25-03-14, 11:09
Zeus 009

Savo83
25-03-14, 13:40
Hi,

I'm also getting a similar issue. Once the box boots up, the channel will start but I keep seeing the Vix image at the top left corner as if it's loading something. It's extremely slow and won't allow me to bring up the EPG or anything. I'm sure it takes longer than 7 minutes as I left to go to work and it was still loading. I set up Zeus 009 as a fresh install, set up cross EPG and used Fipflops bouquet via dreambox edit.

Once it reboots, there seems to be an issue.

Using a vu+ solo that I got from you guys with Vix 3.0 pre configured and I've had nothing but problems. Also loaded the latest BH image and STILL get the box continually locking up. Very disappointing.

Any ideas?

Savo83
25-03-14, 13:46
Meant to add, there's a chance this is due to the bouquets (I have DBE to allow duplicate entries) but I'll try ABM just to make sure.
Thanks

mickyblueys
25-03-14, 15:49
I have flashed both my duo's again, to Zeus 009, installed all of my plugins and set up nfs shares again. All seems to be well both boxes booting up in under 90 seconds.

Not sure if one was corrupt or if it was because one was Zeus and the other was still Vix 3.0.

But any ways seems to be ok now.

Thread can be closed if mods so wish.