PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] problem with cross epg also new Zeus image

antwan
24-03-14, 15:50
Hi peeps
I have just upgraded to new Zeus image seems awesome but I have a couple of Issues which I can't seem to resolve

When powered on from standby the VIX logo spins in the top left of screen this goes on for ever and the spinning halts then goes slow then stops. whilst this is happening I have no control over the box ie no response from remote. The only solution is if I reboot the box then seems stable again.

After reboot the cross epg is totally lost so I have to download again. Also when I press the info button I used to get the watched channel info. What I get now is full epg.
so just wondered if any one can point me to cross epg .. what settings should be.

Thanks in advance for any info.

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 15:56
Which build are you on? It is showing as 0.

Thanks.

antwan
24-03-14, 16:07
build is 008 ..last update showing as 2014-03-23

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 16:26
There were some fixes in 009 which is already released.

antwan
24-03-14, 19:23
Hi now running 009 hav to wait and see if ok.
Still having issue with epg ...when pressing info button it fetches up full epg, where as before it just showed channel info any ideas plse.??

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 20:05
It is not a feature I use so not too familiar with it. The default settings are as pictured. i.e long press.

If you want to change it, open the epg and press "menu"

Andy_Hazza
24-03-14, 20:10
With regards your epg issue, what are you after exactly? Do you want to press epg button and the 7 day guide is on just that channel you are watching?

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 20:13
@Antwan, is this what you are after?

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 20:16
Or this. As I said, not familiar with feature.

lemi
24-03-14, 20:20
Not sure if it's solved.Here was similar question http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36285-Info-button-brings-up-epg&p=274899#post274899

I use MQB and have no problems.

antwan
24-03-14, 20:52
yes mate this is what I am after but only comes up on long press of info button. short press I get full epg.
tried swopping values in menu as in your attachment rebooted and still same.
@Antwan, is this what you are after?

antwan
24-03-14, 20:57
thanks for info ..whats mbq , guessing a extension plse advise
rgds Antwan

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 21:04
yes mate this is what I am after but only comes up on long press of info button. short press I get full epg.
tried swopping values in menu as in your attachment rebooted and still same.

Picture is default. You need to change it to opposite. Unless someone confirms that something is wrong.

MQB is a plugin. Multi Quick Button. It allows you to map what buttons do. You don't need it for this issue.

antwan
24-03-14, 21:41
yeah this is what I'm after ... short press of info button I get full epg ...long press I get as above channel info ... the long press / short press are working opposite to what they supposed to. Changing values in set up does not do anything. changed a couple of times rebooted still info button does opposite of what i need it to do.
regards
Antwan

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 22:32
For me reversing them changes what they do. That is how I got the screen shots.

Do you have TSmedia installed by any chance?

antwan
25-03-14, 00:36
Thanks for info, I don't have TS media installed so can you confirm that when you give the info button a short press you get channel information as in your 3rd screen shot. what happens when you do long press for me I get channel information regardless what settings are set as in screen shot two.

May do a factory reset and fresh install see if that changes things. Don't think I did a factory reset before update to Zeus do you think this is a issue?.
regds
antwan

Rob van der Does
25-03-14, 07:08
By default a short press on the info button (not all boxes have that) brings up 'event view'.
If you don't get what you want by setting up the menu('s), please de-install MQB, restart E2 and see how it works then; there might be a flaw in MQB.
Also: build 010 is out now (available via online update): you might first see if your issue has been fixed.

eamo
25-03-14, 15:42
i have the same problem - just tried build 010 (via online update) and it still doesnt resolve the issue

antwan
25-03-14, 18:00
same here mate, just took update 010 still problem not resolved ..short press fetches up full graphic epg.

I have noticed that if you hold down epg button it fetches up several options one of which is choose default epg.

This does not solve my issue seems if epg button and info button are the same.

Larry-G
25-03-14, 18:01
same here mate, just took update 010 still problem not resolved

Try build 011 when its online if its not already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lemi
25-03-14, 19:14
If it's no go,I can give you my MQB.It's not from feed but works perfect with Zeus.It covers all my needs:)
PS
Just did a upgrade to build 011,and still funny message in PuTTy:"/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgstdataprotocol-0.10.so.0 is not a symbolic link" et cetera.......

abu baniaz
25-03-14, 19:25
This does not solve my issue seems if epg button and info button are the same.

What would you suggest for receivers with no EPG button then?

abu baniaz
25-03-14, 19:27
If it's no go,I can give you my MQB.It's not from feed but works perfect with Zeus.It covers all my needs:)
PS
Just did a upgrade to build 011,and still funny message in PuTTy:"/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgstdataprotocol-0.10.so.0 is not a symbolic link" et cetera.......

Please help me get a copy of Zeus 11 for the TMs. I cant see it.

lemi
25-03-14, 20:41
Just checked stb info and still shows build 010? I guess upgrade didn't worked.Direct download from Vix server dont work:"Error in file-count on line 1334.
./openvix-builds/Vu+Solo2/openvix-Zeus.009-vusolo2_usb.zip is already defined".
Menu-vix-Image manager-downloads shows build 011 thou.Probably can do online update,but I'll wait for the issues to be solved:wave:
BTW I have GBUE not TM.

Larry-G
25-03-14, 20:45
we are aware of the count file error on the server but must wait for the server admin to correct it, you can still use the online update option to update the image, I will post direct links as soon as the build server has completed building 011 for all models.

lemi
25-03-14, 20:59
Thanks.Online update went smooth:thumbsup:

lemi
25-03-14, 21:42
What would you suggest for receivers with no EPG button then?
Buy a new receiver:)
Sorry.I couldn't resist:)

abu baniaz
25-03-14, 21:52
Behave.

The image has to cater for various receivers. Some remotes have lots of buttons, others do not.

Rather than moan about a function being duplicated, suggest an alternative usage.

On the TMs the media and list buttons do the same thing as well.

abu baniaz
26-03-14, 01:39
Bug report has been raised.

antwan
27-03-14, 13:09
Thanks to every one for thoughts and support.
Just took update 12 and all issues seem to have been resolved, Great work from support team.
:):):):):)

Green flashing light on info bar is continually flashing but there is no further updates.

Rob van der Does
27-03-14, 13:13
Green flashing light on info bar is continually flashing but there is no further updates.
Yep, that will be fixed in next build.

lemi
27-03-14, 21:01
Here is OK after update(GBUE).I don't see green flashing light on info bar no more.
PS
In "Download Centre",latest image for GigaBlue is Zeus.011,and online update Zeus.013?