PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] software updates

beck
24-03-14, 01:49
Hi can some help me i have got a venton hd2 box and did a colpleat clean reflash and updated to the new Zeus image but there seems to be a problem when I see there is a new software update I download it and downloads OK but then I go to view the changes I get this message error downloading change log and doesn't so me what changes there are also when I go set up and then image manager and press the yellow button downloads other is a grey box but no images there to download is there something I missed on the settings or something

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 02:10
Please use fullstops and commas. It is difficult to understand without them.

Normally, when you go to software update, (after it has updated) you do not get an option to view changes. The changes screen is only viewable if there are updates. Do you mean to say that this is not happening for you when updates are available?

If you want to see the updates already made, you can do the following:
Menu > Information> About > Info

also when I go set up and then image manager and press the yellow button downloads other is a grey box but no images there to download is there something I missed on the settings or something

This will be added to an existing bug report.

Also, what image are you on. Your entry above shows it as 0.

beck
24-03-14, 03:01
(Image zeus build 07) Yes when there is a update available I go to software update then it says package list update please wait then there is 4 options first option view the changes that's when I get the error downloading change log. Wen I was on the old vix build 808 I could always see the changes before I downloaded them.
My other problem I have is when I go to image manager then into the downloads option (yellow) then (green) nothing happens but on my old version of vix when I did this I could download the latest build version from hear. so think I have a problem some where

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 06:21
Thanks for reporting. We'll look into this.

TK4|2|1
24-03-14, 08:15
I thought it was just me getting this error.

Sent by pressing buttons.

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 08:26
I thought it was just me getting this error.
Never doubt yourself, but ask/report please.

beck
24-03-14, 12:38
Hi tk4 do you have the same problem with the software update as me ? Also when I go to image manager and press (yellow downloads) then it takes you to another screen normarly to download ether a earlier or latest version of the image but now there is no downloads there??? Are you the same I am using a venton hd2

beck
24-03-14, 12:44
Hi rob van deer dose, will it be OK for me to do the software updates even though I can't see the software changes log is it safe to do or not?

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 12:55
Hi Rob van der Does, will it be OK for me to do the software updates even though I can't see the software changes log is it safe to do or not?
Yes; this is just cosmetic and fixed for next build.

Larry-G
24-03-14, 13:00
Hi rob van deer dose, will it be OK for me to do the software updates even though I can't see the software changes log is it safe to do or not?

yes it's perfectly safe to use the online update option even though you cant see the changelog, plus this is why we have a auto backup feature kick in when updating just incase.

p.s this should be fixed for the next build.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/eda7aeed3687311e65db86d22abc935edbc45de1

beck
24-03-14, 13:50
Thanks great work by the way. Is the image manager problem I have menchioned also linked to the software update and will this also be in the next build also? Thanks

beck
26-03-14, 00:09
Hi when I go to image manager and go to the download menu where I should be able to download past and latest builds. there is nothing to download

judge
26-03-14, 00:13
Hi when I go to image manager and go to the download menu where I should be able to download past and latest builds. there is nothing to download

What build are you currently on?

abu baniaz
26-03-14, 00:39
@Judge, this thread is mentioned in the bug report for the TMs. Was also affecting the SF8 too. Just checked on my Nano on build 11, same situation.

beck
26-03-14, 01:10
I'm updated today from 9 to ten was doing the same with 9

judge
26-03-14, 01:14
I'm updated today from 9 to ten was doing the same with 9

Check an online update to 11 & let us know...

beck
26-03-14, 01:37
Hi just did the online update no change also on the the front display on my vent on hd2 box is just flickering lots of a,s and capital A,s now

beck
26-03-14, 01:44
Update to my last post front display on the box is now OK I powered down using rocker switch for a minute then rebooted. But still no images to download from the image manager download feed

abu baniaz
26-03-14, 02:06
Thanks for confirming @Beck.

Just to reassure you, a bug report is outstanding. @Andyblac will have a look at it when he is able to. He obviously has other things to do and also has to prioritise things.

beck
26-03-14, 02:12
That's OK @Abu baniaz
I understand you must be all busy just glad your all hear to help with any problems thanks

judge
26-03-14, 02:21
That's OK @Abu baniaz
I understand you must be all busy just glad your all hear to help with any problems thanks

Not all of us have the same boxes/set-ups to test on, so thanks for keeping us updated & please continue to do so.

beck
26-03-14, 12:49
@judge OK will keep you up to date
Just to let you know I did the the uodate to build 11 as you suggested last night, but it didn't fix the problem of not having images to download from the image download feed.

beck
27-03-14, 14:06
hi just to let you know just did the new update to build 12, and still there is no images to download from the the image manager download feed. also after doing the update, the download green indicator is still flashing i go to the software update and it says there is 2 updates to download. but when i go through the update proses again the green update indictor stll flashes and still 2 updates to download i have done the update 3 times now but still flashes green thanks.:confused:

avi68
27-03-14, 14:56
hi just to let you know just did the new update to build 12, and still there is no images to download from the the image manager download feed. also after doing the update, the download green indicator is still flashing i go to the software update and it says there is 2 updates to download. but when i go through the update proses again the green update indictor stll flashes and still 2 updates to download i have done the update 3 times now but still flashes green thanks.:confused:

I've got the same problem mate. I thought it was just me. I haven't tried to update as the changes do not seem to appear, so I just left it, it just keeps flashing.

khan888
27-03-14, 15:01
I've got the same problem mate. I thought it was just me. I haven't tried to update as the changes do not seem to appear, so I just left it, it just keeps flashing.

Rob van der Does mentioned earlier it will be fixed in the next build

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
27-03-14, 15:54
hi just to let you know just did the new update to build 12, and still there is no images to download from the the image manager download feed.
That should have been fixed in build 12. Apparently it isn't (for all boxes).

after doing the update, the download green indicator is still flashing i go to the software update and it says there is 2 updates to download.
That will be fixed in build 13.

beck
28-03-14, 00:04
Hi just don't the update to build 13 and still the same! No images showing on the image manager download feed anybody else the same after the new update

beck
29-03-14, 01:38
Hi I am updated to build 16 now and still no images to download from the image download feed I attached a pic a bad one I admitt but just so you can see thanks

andyblac
29-03-14, 11:40
Hi I am updated to build 16 now and still no images to download from the image download feed I attached a pic a bad one I admitt but just so you can see thanks

give me a debug log please.

beck
30-03-14, 22:43
@ andyblac I am sorry but how do I give you a debug log where do I find this I havnt got a clue

judge
30-03-14, 22:45
I am sorry but how do I give you a debug log where do I find this I havnt got a clue

Enable debug logs first, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug logs = yes.

Reboot or restart E2.
Debug logs can then be found in /home/root/logs/

beck
31-03-14, 00:28
I have enabled debugs logs do I have to then connect to my computer to find home/root/logs/ can't see nothing on the setting on the menus on the box

judge
31-03-14, 00:50
I have enabled debugs logs do I have to then connect to my computer to find home/root/logs/ can't see nothing on the setting on the menus on the box

Please try to use some readable English including full stops. Not all users can read or guess English.
Debug logs are saved in /home/root/logs/ on a current ViX image by default and after enabling them, then restarting the box or E2.
To see logs on the box, once enabled, go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Logs manager.

beck
31-03-14, 03:00
I have dyslexia and feel your comments judge to be insulting I started this thread to gets some help and try and help with a bug that's on the new Zeus image maybe you should think before you reply with your comments.

judge
31-03-14, 03:13
I have dyslexia and feel your comments judge to be insulting I started this thread to gets some help and try and help with a bug that's on the new Zeus image maybe you should think before you reply with your comments.
Sorry if you think I was insulting you, but your dyslexia doesn't seem to affect your spelling, just your pronounciation.
Not being harsh, but think I answered your query?
If not, please explain further.

beck
31-03-14, 11:25
Dyslexia can effect people in many ways I try and get by with a spell checker but find it hard with punctuations. Anough of the the English and grammar lessons back to the the thread I have sent. Debug from logs manager by pressing blue button send if this is wrong well I ain't got a clue where else to or send debug sorry

abu baniaz
31-03-14, 16:14
The important thing is that we have effective communication. Commas and full stops are an essential part of this process. When face to face, we pause when we have finished the part we want to convey.

You want help, you'll get better help when people understand you better. If you can't utilise punctuation, split your sentences into different lines.

Apart from sending via log manager, you can ftp to the location mentioned, save log to PC and then upload here.

beck
31-03-14, 23:33
That sounds a bit to techy for me, playing around with the ftp not for me.
I have just done the latest update, still no images to download on image download feed.
I just find it strange that it was working fine on the old fix image, but now its not
Ah well if ever need to reflash looks like I have to do it by memory stick.

Larry-G
31-03-14, 23:35
That sounds a bit to techy for me, playing around with the ftp not for me.
I have just done the latest update, still no images to download on image download feed.
I just find it strange that it was working fine on the old fix image, but now its not
Ah well if ever need to reflash looks like I have to do it by memory stick.

This is precisely why we have asked you for a debug log so that we may find the root cause, without it there will never be a fix.

beck
01-04-14, 00:14
I have sent the debug log 2 or 3 times

abu baniaz
01-04-14, 00:37
There is only one email from you, Sunday at 3:39, reference 1396215543.48 (https://box277.bluehost.com:2096/cpsess85677616/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php?mailbox=INBOX&passed_id=241&startMessage=1)
I'll upload to the bug thread.

Would you mind trying to download an image and then upload your logs again. Many thanks.

judge
01-04-14, 01:05
Code is changed on each build so if this still isn't working on current build, 018 at the moment, a new debug log is needed.

I'll upload to the bug thread.
That seems to be a wrong log for this issue? a crashlog rather than a debug log.

beck
01-04-14, 02:12
OK just sent the log again now. Don't know if I am doing it rite but like I said I am no tech head. just know the bisics sorry

judge
01-04-14, 02:17
OK just sent the log again now. Don't know if I am doing it rite but like I said I am no tech head. just know the bisics sorry

Not all of us log onto the email server as it can be hard to match a log with a forum post, any chance you can use FTP, the log will be in /home/root/logs/ by default & then upload it here?
Use the Go Advanced button, just under the post area to add it as an attachment.

Rob van der Does
01-04-14, 06:24
Or simply post the reference number you get on sending a log.

beck
01-04-14, 11:50
Don't know if I'm doing this rite but this is what I think you mean by ref number. (1396348210.58)
Don't know if this is rite? But when I look at the logs there is loads of written what looks to me as mumble jumble, sorry that's the only way as I can put it.
I will try with ftp but I promise nothing, don't fancy messing with things I don't undastand and messing my box up.
I do appreciate you all trying to help and being patience,
Its just I have only just learnt how to set the box up from a fresh flash' never mind going into ftp and messing with other sthings in ftp.
But you never learn without trying I spose.

abu baniaz
01-04-14, 11:56
@Beck, Andyblac has looked at the logs you submitted yesterday, Ref_ 1396314367.95. He has made a change in the code.

Issue should be fixed in build 19.

beck
01-04-14, 12:31
@Beck, Andyblac has looked at the logs you submitted yesterday, Ref_ 1396314367.95. He has made a change in the code.

Issue should be fixed in build 19.

@Abu baniaz and andyblac thank you both .
@ judge I just tryed ftp home/root/logs but there is nothing in the root log folder its says its empty.
Let's hope its all sorted in build 19 now
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

beck
01-04-14, 22:52
All fixed just done the new update and all the images are there to download from the image manager download feed.
Thanks everyone for the help and well done thank you :thumbsup: