PDA

View Full Version : Running a Fixed Dish Alongside a Motorized Dish on a Solo2

nsw9154
24-03-14, 01:07
as the thread says
at the moment i am running 1 cable to my solo2 from a sky Dish with a Quad LNB, but i am thinking of setting up a Motorized Dish to use Tuner B
now the way that i would have set it up is totally different to what i have been advised by abu as i would never have thought of connecting them that way
where would i fit the DiSEqc switch it must be outside between the 2 Dishes :confused:

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 01:17
That setup is to combine both motorised as well as fixed dish on one tuner. It provides instant zapping to 28.2 on the tuner with them motor. Yes switch goes outside between motor and lNB of motorised dish. Unless you want really lomng cbles, best to keep outside.

The simplest setup without switches is as in this picture. Only downside will be having to wait for motor to go to 28.2 if on a different satellite. Still absolutely fine.

Rob van der Does
24-03-14, 08:25
I presume you had a look at our guides, especially this one (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax)?

nsw9154
24-03-14, 09:23
Thank you Rob for pointing me to that thread i did not see it :thumbsup:

Thank you abu that simple way is how i would have set it up, it all looks rather complicated :eek: i think i might just run 2 feeds from the sky Dish for the time being :)

river-rat
16-04-14, 20:43
i have tuner a as fixed 28.2 and 19.2

tuner b, urals and no problems and A as preferred

Rob van der Does
16-04-14, 21:02
i have tuner a as fixed 28.2 and 19.2

tuner b, usals and no problems and A as preferred
Best set tuner B as preferred in 'customize' and tuner A to preferred in recording settings. That way the motor will be kept free for watching as much as possible.

stevejd2001
17-04-14, 13:11
i have 1 feed from fixed dish and 1 from motor into my box

the fixed dish (28.2 sky) is set as preferred tuner and also preferred for recording. This allows quicker switching as most watching is done on sky so motor does not have to move , and also majority of recording will be off sky.

This leaves your motor free to watch your footy etc on other sats

Rob van der Does
17-04-14, 18:07
i have 1 feed from fixed dish and 1 from motor into my box

the fixed dish (28.2 sky) is set as preferred tuner and also preferred for recording. This allows quicker switching as most watching is done on sky so motor does not have to move , and also majority of recording will be off sky.

This leaves your motor free to watch your footy etc on other sats
And the way to do that is

Best set tuner B as preferred in 'customize' and tuner A to preferred in recording settings. That way the motor will be kept free for watching as much as possible.