PDA

View Full Version : installing skins on the new image

Davy4475
24-03-14, 00:41
I haven't installed a skin in a while and have installed the new image but cannot seem to install the one I want

judge
24-03-14, 00:46
Seriously, what's your 'the new image' & version number?
How are you trying to install skins?
Are you getting any errors & if so, what are they?
What skin is 'the one I want'?

Davy4475
24-03-14, 00:54
Seriously, what's your 'the new image' & version number?
How are you trying to install skins?
Are you getting any errors & if so, what are they?
What skin is 'the one I want'?
yes
zeus 002
ipk
no errors its just no there
the one whom we don't speak off and let everyone down.
where do the file go again when u ftp

judge
24-03-14, 01:04
First, I'd read this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!&p=250329&viewfull=1#post250329) & ask for support on the relevant forum.
Second, I'd update to 008, currently available as an online update or on http://openvix.co.uk
Third, no reason you can't speak of any skin. Are you sure you're looking in the correct place to activate it? Menu -> Setup -> System -> User interface -> Skin setup?

Davy4475
24-03-14, 01:21
user interface, never thought to look there for the skin. thanks. I said I was on the new image so certain things have changed. very sorry for wasting ur time. now I,m sorry I posted on here

judge
24-03-14, 01:26
user interface, never thought to look there for the skin. thanks. I said I was on the new image so certain things have changed. very sorry for wasting ur time. now I,m sorry I posted on here

No worries, but 'new image' really means nothing, build number is what counts & needs to be included with all support requests.
Saying that, nothing has changed in how to activate a skin recently, but yes, having 2 skin setup screens is leading to confusion.

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 01:47
I,m sorry I posted on here Don't worry about it too much. You know for next time. I'm sure you are forgiven.

......I said I was on the new image so certain things have changed
More reason for stating image build number.