PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Streaming failing or pixelated after a few minutes

eggman14
23-03-14, 21:14
Hello All,

i am using the new vix zeus v008 image fresh install today as my previous was playing up with recording and it streams ok sometimes for a few minutes then crashes.
installed i have 750gb hdd internally and the box is approx 3 months old and connected on 500mbs home plugs new wired house.
Apps plug ins are as follows

cache flush
mgcam1.35
ccam 2.13
autobouquets
rats picon updater (inc Picons)

everything seems ok when watching on the box but trying to stream to pc in another room is not great.

Any idea's on what i have not done?

Thanks for any assistance given :)

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 21:24
Are you streaming a HD channel?

judge
23-03-14, 21:26
If it's crashing, you will find crash logs in /home/root/logs/
Upload one here.

eggman14
23-03-14, 21:34
Are you streaming a HD channel?

i was and does not crash just stops in vlc media player. normal def is streaming continuous but very poor quality even in a smaller window. so no crash logs but i just wondered have i missed any options possibly during setup?

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 21:47
You will generally struggle with HD channels even if hard wired. It should not crash though.

Please upload logs

eggman14
23-03-14, 21:50
i know but i have watched a few films fairly ok previously in hd but standard is jagged and awful even in a small window.
Im sure i could do this ok before the update? if it is just how things are i'll get another box for upstairs and run in the cables its no big issue.

Thanks for any help received:wave:

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 23:22
If you are sure that it worked before and Zeus has broken it for the receiver, then I'm sure others will also report issue. Logs would be helpful.

Vu have released several drivers, so these have to be factored in.

However, streaming is fine on my Twin and Nano with Zeus 008.