PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox advice

dazzlaa
23-03-14, 20:31
HI all,
I have been having a bit of an interest with streaming from my VU+ Duo 1 to my iphone/ laptop whilst away working and I know with my current set up I would need to have a pc running VLC to trascode the video to send via internet. So that got me looking at slingbox but I would really like something where I could use the second tuner of the box so i can watch football at any location, and my wife still has functionality at home.
Im struggling to find information as to if this is even possible without upgrading to the DUo 2, but I remain hopeful.

Thanks for any advice :)

timofee
24-03-14, 23:50
It is impossible to have both tuners outputting video at the same time. The Slingbox is subject to the same limitation.

If your box at home is in active use and being watched on a TV, you will only be able to watch the same channel at the remote location.

Maxwell
25-03-14, 00:10
It is impossible to have both tuners outputting video at the same time. The Slingbox is subject to the same limitation.

If your box at home is in active use and being watched on a TV, you will only be able to watch the same channel at the remote location.

this is so not true, with twin tuners you can stream any channel to your pc/tablet/phone, even with a single tuner its possible but only if its on the same transponder, the biggest problem is obtaining a good stream due to upload speed limitations.
you dont need the pc at home to upload the stream.
Forget the slingbox unless they have improved dramatically from last time I tried one

Have a read of these guides http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34655-How-To-Setup-XBMC-To-Stream-Live-Tv-And-Recording-From-An-Enigma2-Box

timofee
25-03-14, 15:36
I think you posted too quickly and did not read the original post.

The OP wants to use a Slingbox remotely at the same time as the home VU+ box is in full use. That is impossible as you can't have both tuners outputting video at the same time.

No one took the trouble to respond to the OP for over 24 hours, so I thought I would make it clear to the OP what is, and what is not possible when using a Slingbox.

Larry-G
25-03-14, 18:04
No one took the trouble to respond to the OP for over 24 hours, so I thought I would make it clear to the OP what is, and what is not possible when using a Slingbox.

No disrespect intended, but no one replied either because they did not know or just dont use a sling box. would you rather 100 replies saying " no idea, never used one" ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dazzlaa
29-03-14, 09:31
Thanks for the replies, I've managed to convince a family member to give me their sky go access.. Problem solved :)