PDA

View Full Version : Barry Allen - ViX 1.2

MKD
09-11-10, 14:21
Has anybody managed to install , i keep getting unable to find barry allen in packages so it aborts :(

marty
09-11-10, 18:32
I get the same thing too.
I tried the new (0.99) Meoboot too, no joy either.

silverfox0786
09-11-10, 18:35
As far as im aware you can't multiboot vix as it needs to be in flash

MKD
09-11-10, 18:54
ViX is in flash i was thinking of installing and testing other images from usb .

deckymckeown
17-11-10, 13:49
Can anyone confirm if using the vix image in flash, can multiboot be set up to test other images, via Meoboot Barry Allen or any other way.

Im keen to give a few other images a try but want to keep vix 1.2 as my main image

MKD
17-11-10, 14:49
Not much help on this topic :( .

deckymckeown
17-11-10, 15:10
Not much help on this topic :( .

MKD i imagine you have tried both meoboot and barry allen with no success on the vix image?

MKD
17-11-10, 15:23
Yes , meoboot requires the flash drive to be formated via BlackHole Device Panel , as for Barry Allen i have no idea :( . Would be good to know if someone has succesfully installed it , i have not tried manual install though -nodep i think after the package name .

marty
19-11-10, 19:41
A new BA available today, still don't work for me :(

MKD
19-11-10, 19:53
I have installed VTI today as it says support for Barry Allen , shame it won't install on that either for some reason a problem for VTI team

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:10
I have yet to grasp what Barry Allen and / or Meoboot actually are and how exactly to install one, the other, or both.
I merely understand they are some means of installing one image on the receiver (in 'flash'?) and another on a USB disk, then somehow determining which one you want to use at any time. However apparently image compatibility makes it something of a minefield.

If anybody knows the location of a very clear, English, and step by step tutorial, or has the will to write one, please offer the link or write one for us all!

Thanks,
Lee
UK

silverfox0786
25-11-10, 02:20
Vix is a single boot image and needs to be on flash

personally i would not recommend any sort of dual boot but it is possible and if using a oe1.6 image then all other images must remain oe 1.5 wont interchange on dual boot with oe1.6

ther are many tutorials about

sorry cant help you any more as i dont use multi boot

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:31
personally i would not recommend any sort of dual boot

That's the feeling I'm getting. Flashing images over and over again for testing one at a time may be a little tedious but presumably it's the best way.

As for good complete and English tutorials, so far I've missed them. Maybe I need to Google more skillfullly ...... !

Lee

PS I know various posts of mine suggest I am a moaner who wants things spoodfed. I'm really not .... I just get frustrated when things are presented poorly with assumptions or just don't work! Those comments are not specific to any image or plugin, but generally.

kingy29
25-11-10, 14:44
I am using meoboot have Dreamelite in flash Vix : Original : and Vti images are all working fine. I have Meoboot set up for HD not Usb