PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Strange one regarding SNR...

northernmonkey
23-03-14, 15:53
Ok, so here I sit watching the rubbish that is Spurs on the tv, when the picture starts get blocky every now and again, so as a bit of a test I switched over to the Irish equivalent which is showing the same game, same source etc.

Thing is, Irish version isn't blocky at all. I thought it was strange howver upon looking, the SNR is 100% whereas on the English version it's at 87%

Could this be a frequency problem, dish alignment or something more sinister? Has anyone experienced this before?

I'm on a solo2 running Zeus's latest build (008 i think?)

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 15:56
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

northernmonkey
23-03-14, 15:58
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

That's all well and good but I suspect that this isn't an Image bug, hence why I posted it where I did.

Anyway.....

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 16:00
So you tried using several images then?

northernmonkey
23-03-14, 16:01
No, but why would it be an Image problem? If anything I'd hazard a guess at ABM, but I'm more than likely wrong, hence why I'm asking the people that know....

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 16:09
Not likely, but you're asking support for a box that is on Zeus.

Can you narrow the problem down?
1- What is your tuner setup?
2- Does it happen on all channels?
3- On FTA channels or also on encrypted ones?
4- What is your local card?
5- Does it happen on both tuners?
6- Does it happen when a recording starts?

northernmonkey
23-03-14, 16:18
I thought it was unlikely too, I just thought it was strange how one had 100% SNR and the other didn't.

It's not a major problem, and I suspect it's to do with the encryption methods. That said, the worst channel it happens on (that I've noticed) seems to be Channel 5 HD. Both tuners hooked up to an Octo LNB on a fixed 28.2E dish. Not happening particularly when a recording starts..

I thought I'd ask the question in case anyone had experience. I've avoided some questions on purpose to save dancing round the rules and crossing the line...

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 16:27
I've avoided some questions on purpose to save dancing round the rules and crossing the line...
But they've been asked for a reason: it's not unlikely that your problem stems from that.

IAmATeaf
24-03-14, 10:50
Have you checked the skew on your LNB? For me if I have my LNB exactly vertical then I get something similar in that some channels have a lower signal.