PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] How to I do a clean/fresh install of Vix/Zeus

iba
23-03-14, 13:09
Hi,

I want to reinstall Zeus on my box. A clean fresh install which means that I want to wipe everything that is currently on the box. How do I do this please?

I tried doing a factory reset but many plugins eg OnDemand did not get wiped.

Would be grateful i anyone could advise how to do this please?

Thank you

Larry-G
23-03-14, 13:15
simply reflash your receiver with the Zeus build you wish to place on the receiver, you can find some flashing tutorials on www.openvix.co.uk

iba
23-03-14, 18:30
simply reflash your receiver with the Zeus build you wish to place on the receiver, you can find some flashing tutorials on www.openvix.co.uk

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did factory reset and then downloaded the latest image from here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD800SE/

and powered off the receiver, stuck in memory stick, powered on the receiver but the 'conf' never came up (according to the flash tutorial 'conf' is meant to appear and then I am meant to press the 'ok' button).

And the image that I had already on teh box just stayed there and the only things that were reset was my GPS coordinates that I had to reenter (I have a motor system). All teh skins I had previously downloaded through the Vix Plugins were still there as was OnDemand player also downloaded from the Vix Plugins.

So how can I clean/wipe the box completely and start afresh please and thank you?

Cheers

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 20:41
You do not need to perform a factory reset. Flashing a new image overwrites everything.

What is the folder structure of image on USB stick

iba
24-03-14, 00:15
You do not need to perform a factory reset. Flashing a new image overwrites everything.

Hi Abu,

The memory stick is completely empty and formatted to Fat32

Last night when I tried to install build 7 of Zeus. I downloaded the zip file.And then extracted. And then I put the extracted folder called 'Gigablue' onto the stick. Turned off the receiver. Unplugged the receiver. Inserted memory stick. Powered back up the receiver. The receiver did see the USB stick (USB flashed up on the screen) but the word 'conf' did not appear.

Regards

abu baniaz
24-03-14, 01:00
Sorry to ask basic question..
NO other USB devcies connected? HAve you tried a differnt slot?

If no joy, you can try and flash using the Image Manager. You can download image there and should also be able to flash.
Blue > Vix > Image Manager

Flyingpig
24-03-14, 01:04
If you are running a Vix image, this is what I find best and easiest ----

Blue Button > ViX > Image Manager > Downloads >

select your download and once downloaded, go back one screen to the <Image Manager> make sure the image you want to flash is highlighted then press <Blue Button (Restore>

It will then flash the selected image for you

Easy Peasy - Jobs a goodun!!

Flyingpig
24-03-14, 01:05
Apologies Abu Baniaz...... It took me longer to type all that than you... this Brahma stuff is kciking in!!

iba
24-03-14, 23:22
Sorry to ask basic question..
NO other USB devcies connected? HAve you tried a differnt slot?

If no joy, you can try and flash using the Image Manager. You can download image there and should also be able to flash.
Blue > Vix > Image Manager

Abu,

No, there are no other USB devices attached.

No, I only tried the USB slot at the front o the receiver. There is one at teh back too; I will try that asap and let you know the result - probably will not be for a day or two though.

Regards

iba
24-03-14, 23:25
If you are running a Vix image, this is what I find best and easiest ----

Blue Button > ViX > Image Manager > Downloads >

select your download and once downloaded, go back one screen to the <Image Manager> make sure the image you want to flash is highlighted then press <Blue Button (Restore>

It will then flash the selected image for you

Easy Peasy - Jobs a goodun!!

Flyingpig,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will try that as soon as I get a chance.

I did not know about this method, thank you for teaching me (and Abu for mentioning it too).

Regards

iba
28-03-14, 12:58
Hi Abu and Flyingpig,

Abu, I tried both the front and back USB ports and teh same result, the option to press 'conf' does not appear and the box, although recognising the USB stick, still just reboots as normal.

Flyingpig - when I went into Blue Button > ViX > Image Manager > Downloads >

there is nothing in there at all.

Totally stumped now and out of ideas :(

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks