PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] cross epg - Help needed please

josephine5899
22-03-14, 18:49
Please can someone help. I've tried everything but cannot get crossepg to work properly. I did the following, afte installing a brand new image, openvix-3.0.808-vuduo_usb onto my VU+ Duo;
After ticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec Providers,
Press Crossepg Downloader, the following happens; starting downloader, reading channels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsing summaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel lists deflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it then says starting importer, saving data, loading data (however there is no progress in the progress bar). it then spins again and goes back to menu. When I check, the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytec providers list.

My settings are; epg to save to usb, enable csv import, show plug in, show extension.

I then tried it a different way;
Press Download Now button, the following happens; starting downloader, reading channels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsing summaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel lists deflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it then goes back to menu. When I check, the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytec providers list.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

josephine5899
23-03-14, 00:01
just looking for some help, but it seems that 52 views and nobody uses crossepg, or knows the solution.

cactikid
23-03-14, 00:15
do you have french and german channels working/viewing?

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 00:15
Did you update the providers?

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 07:43
...afte installing a brand new image, openvix-3.0.808-vuduo_usb onto my VU+ Duo......

ViX-3.0.808 isn't 'brand new, it's rather old and no longer supported.
Best would be to flash your box with ViX-Zeus 008.

After ticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec Providers,

That is not the best possible setup. Cross is good at reading Open-TV data, not for an XMLTV import.
So in your case the best would be to use Cross for Open-TV and the dedicated XMLTV-importer for the rest of your needs. Make sure that the two processes are separated in time (say Cross first and XMLTV 20 mins later).

That is my setup for ages and works fine.

lemi
23-03-14, 07:51
Have you tried to tick only Rytec providers,change to foreign channel,and see what happens.

josephine5899
23-03-14, 10:27
I appreciate the posts. I did update the providers, have motorised dish, have the channels all working on hotbird, 19e, 28e, etc, etc, but could never seem to get the open tv (sly) & rytec epg's all downloaded during the same download procedure when all are ticked. I thought that was the point of ticking all at once. I have the sly fully populated though, that works fine.
I think that rob's idea of changing to Zeus will be my next option, and perhaps schedule the xmltv importer to manage the foreign channels. when I do it on my current set up, it might download 4 countries epg's, but then hangs, or returns to menu.

One more question please, each time I do a scheduled or forced download, does this wipe out the previous epg file, and change to whatever the current download is.

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 10:38
each time I do a scheduled or forced download, does this wipe out the previous epg file, and change to whatever the current download is.
All EPG received by the box, no matter what the source is, will be added to the existing data.

josephine5899
23-03-14, 13:40
so if I have an epg.dat file, & the box then hangs, restarts, and all epg has gone, can I simply restore that epg.dat file - if yes, how do I do that.

Rob van der Does
23-03-14, 14:47
You can use 'load epg' from the EPG-menu.