PDA

View Full Version : 30 day password change

captain jack
21-03-14, 17:54
Guys,

Can you please turn this annoying "feature" off? It's a pain in the backside changing the password every 30 days - especially as all my passwords are auto-filled by the browser. It's hard enough keeping track of all my passwords as it is without the additional "benefit" of having to change it.

Off-putting enough for me to not visit the forum as often as I'd like to.

Thanks
CJ

Maxwell
21-03-14, 18:55
This is necessary and will not change - by way of explanantion though it was brought in after a team members account was hacked some time ago

girginoz
21-03-14, 19:37
You can enter the old one as new password though (thats what i do every time i am directed to change :D:D)

kingy29
23-05-14, 13:02
Since the last reminder to update my P/W I have problems logging in the board will not accept my P/W even though it is correct.
I am directed to the splash screen as I have entered the wrong P/W I then enter my P/W and it is accepted.
When I log in again I have to go through the same process again a total pain

josh_g
23-05-14, 13:22
Guys,

Can you please turn this annoying "feature" off? It's a pain in the backside changing the password every 30 days - especially as all my passwords are auto-filled by the browser. It's hard enough keeping track of all my passwords as it is without the additional "benefit" of having to change it.

Off-putting enough for me to not visit the forum as often as I'd like to.

Thanks
CJ

we had a similar thread when it was first introduced. In my humble opinion the hassle of having to change my password every 30 days is massively out ways the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum posses.

i myself rotate 2 similar passwords so i don't forget them...

nsw9154
23-05-14, 14:44
we had a similar thread when it was first introduced. In my humble opinion the hassle of having to change my password every 30 days is massively out ways the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum posses.

i myself rotate 2 similar passwords so i don't forget them...

That's what i do as a rule i have 3 that i will never forget,:confused: most of the time that i rotate :D lol

off the subject josh did you get that Hard Drive working

josh_g
23-05-14, 15:14
That's what i do as a rule i have 3 that i will never forget,:confused: most of the time that i rotate :D lol

off the subject josh did you get that Hard Drive working

Nope :mad: tried that program you recommended tried various other linux based driver extensions and programs and the dam things just wont be detected by the PC, its a pain as my PC is on the brink of being full!!

nsw9154
23-05-14, 16:41
that's a shame mate it worked perfectly for the Tivo HD that i had as windows would not recognise it until i used that program :confused:

josh_g
23-05-14, 16:44
i know.. i spent a few hours messing about and gave up!

nsw9154
23-05-14, 17:01
i have the same problem with a 1 TB drive my power supply blew up and fried it :eek: and nothing will revive it :(

zoro25
23-05-14, 23:42
Most user just change password to a temp one and then immediately and change it back the normal one.
There is no security gained here.
Use something like 2 factor auth if you want real security or give a notice to all admins and mods that they have to change passwords but for users it's just a not needed inconvenience.

judge
24-05-14, 00:01
if you want real security or give a notice to all admins and mods that they have to change passwords but for users it's just a not needed inconvenience.
We all go through the same pain, but it's worth it.
Discussion brought up many times. Less spam posts, less CS posts, less clone fools looking for support.
A slight inconvenience is worth more than the above pains to provide propper support.

skronk
24-05-14, 08:33
We all go through the same pain, but it's worth it.
Discussion brought up many times. Less spam posts, less CS posts, less clone fools looking for support.
A slight inconvenience is worth more than the above pains to provide propper support.

A bit nasty to call clone users "fools" My first box was clone 800se, where I was assisted on other forums. The box is still going strong without fault for 3 - 4 years now, unlike the junky Venton HD2 sourced from sponsor which has been nothing but trouble from the start. My Vu Duo, also from sponsor is flawless, but not any better than my clone.

Larry-G
24-05-14, 09:03
A bit nasty to call clone users "fools" My first box was clone 800se, where I was assisted on other forums. The box is still going strong without fault for 3 - 4 years now, unlike the junky Venton HD2 sourced from sponsor which has been nothing but trouble from the start. My Vu Duo, also from sponsor is flawless, but not any better than my clone.

we choose NOT to support clones or their users here, which is our rite, so end of discussion.

skronk
24-05-14, 10:41
we choose NOT to support clones or their users here, which is our rite, so end of discussion.

With respect pheonix,

I merely stated the fact that a clone buyer or user is not automatically "a fool"

Perhaps financial circumstances dictate such a purchase. You will note at no time did I suggest support for clones. Clone users will, no doubt, be well aware where to get that.

Regards

judge
24-05-14, 11:07
With respect pheonix,

I merely stated the fact that a clone buyer or user is not automatically "a fool"

Perhaps financial circumstances dictate such a purchase. You will note at no time did I suggest support for clones. Clone users will, no doubt, be well aware where to get that.

Regards

IMO, anyone putting clone electronic goods in their home is a fool. It's just my opinion though, no need to get so stuck up on it.

Stanman
24-05-14, 11:18
With respect pheonix,

Regards

Have you seen the drama of the S2 clones, by the time most of them have paid for new chips someone to fit them it's probably more expensive then an original not to mention the hassle involved.

When it comes to a power source I would NEVER risk the dangers a clone poses.

The fire in Sheffield that killed 5 people has been traced back to a phone charger, what's the betting it was an "orginal" bought off ebay

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

skronk
24-05-14, 12:34
Have you seen the drama of the S2 clones, by the time most of them have paid for new chips someone to fit them it's probably more expensive then an original not to mention the hassle involved.

When it comes to a power source I would NEVER risk the dangers a clone poses.

The fire in Sheffield that killed 5 people has been traced back to a phone charger, what's the betting it was an "orginal" bought off ebay

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yet people still buy....Binatone, Crown etc. etc.

Sicilian
24-05-14, 12:37
Yet people still buy....Binatone, Crown etc. etc.

Binatone, Crown etc.. are genuine brands, so what on earth is your point??

This thread has gone far enough off topic, closed!