PDA

View Full Version : [XP1000] Long running default EPG selection bug

asim
20-03-14, 19:27
My XP100 has this bug ever since i can remember (about 6-7 months since i bought this box)
it has lasted through many upgrades and full flashes.
the choose default epg type selection doesn't work(long press epg select-->select default epg type)
had a look in enigma2 settings file and it seems in XP100 unlike my solo2 the setting is saved as DefaultGuidetype= instead of DefaultEPGtype= as it is in my solo2 enigma2 settings file.
changing the parameter name to DefaultEPGType= works.
enigma 2 expects a DefaultEPGtype parameter but the gui saves the setting as DefaultGuideType that's why changing the setting doesn't have any effect.

One more thing
now that XP100 and octagon SF8 images are separate why is VFDcontrol plugin still included in XP100 image.
it causes noticeable slowdown in zapping and any any other menu navigation.
i do uninstall it after every update but i keeps getting renstalled after updates.
also it doesnt uninstall gracefully (box crashes during uninstall)

andyblac
21-03-14, 16:33
can i get debug log file please.

andyblac
21-03-14, 16:43
One more thing
now that XP100 and octagon SF8 images are separate why is VFDcontrol plugin still included in XP100 image.
it causes noticeable slowdown in zapping and any any other menu navigation.
i do uninstall it after every update but i keeps getting renstalled after updates.
also it doesnt uninstall gracefully (box crashes during uninstall)

so the 'VFDcontrol' is not needed on XP1000 ?

asim
21-03-14, 16:50
Hi andy
I will get you the debug log as soon as i get home.
I have manually changed the enigma 2 settings file. Shall i leave it that way for debug log or change it back?
There is no vfd or vfd hardware in xp100.
The plugin if installed tries to change the nonexistant vfd causing slowdown and vix spinner being shown on quick keypresses. This is cured by uninstalling the vfdsf8 plugin.

andyblac
21-03-14, 17:21
Hi andy
I will get you the debug log as soon as i get home.
I have manually changed the enigma 2 settings file. Shall i leave it that way for debug log or change it back?
There is no vfd or vfd hardware in xp100.
The plugin if installed tries to change the nonexistant vfd causing slowdown and vix spinner being shown on quick keypresses. This is cured by uninstalling the vfdsf8 plugin.

plugin removed for next build, (well, actually it is still installed, but not loaded for xp1000)

asim
21-03-14, 18:58
can i get debug log file please.
Debug log Attached
also attached the crash log for the crash that happens when uninstalling vfdcontrol plugin.