PDA

View Full Version : Im blown away review after 3 days

YzMENTALzY
20-03-14, 00:47
Story so far after using for 3 days :

OMFG i got my solo2 on monday connected everything up, had a few niggles with initial setup, but after that boy was it breeze to use. Im a techy guy so knew what i was doing other than a few things i got from tutorials from on here (thanks guys). But boy i dont know what i was missing out on. I been using openboxes and skyboxes but this thing is in a league of its own it changes channel quicker than i can say "change channel" its seamless in soo many ways i dont think apple can do a better job with the software and hardware working side by side in seamless order. This is a masterpeice. This is whatlegends are made of i would definately recommend to newbies to seriously go out and buy this ferrari of the satellite world Vu wern't wrong by saying its the fastest twin tuner in the world.

Pros: everything about it its brilliantly brilliant (if that made any sense) its sooo damn quick its like Cristiano Ronaldo on frikkin speed.

Cons (not really cons): USER ERROR, iv had it shut down a few times because of plugins i installed and deleted like open player which now keeps saying m2crypto is missing. Also a few hickups here and there like if i open a plugin i get a error saying the box crashed since i installed a plugin i cant remember so if anyone can help me out with it i would be greatful.... Other than that no problems at all SO NOT REALLY CONS JUST MOSTLY USER ERROR OF ME BEING A NUTTER...

Thats my review so far hope more plugins come around fo play with but what iv got is a beast of a mediacentre satellite box which does everything i need at speed.

DaMacFunkin
20-03-14, 08:18
I did the same when i got mine, i tried to install loads of plugins to get it to do everything, and had all the errors and crashes, leave it lean and mean and for other things use another machine.

mskhan01
20-03-14, 16:34
You have put my story in words mate. I have exactly the same views about this box.As yourself I have used openbox & Skybox F3 before but thisis in a different league.BTW I bought via this forum so had a 10£ discount as well:thumbsup: Strongly recomened

YzMENTALzY
22-03-14, 05:36
I bought the box without checking from forums for discount like a idiot then tried asking for discount after i bought it lol but kudos to WOS they are great and quick delivery too i had played about with the duo at cousins he has 2 of them but this box is immense

gazaz
24-03-14, 08:48
Just bought two of these last week while in Dubai. Set them up yesterday, I agree they are totally brilliant !!!!!

chrcoluk
25-03-14, 02:27
indeed light years between this and a skybox.

weirskynet
26-03-14, 18:22
Yeah love me solo2 makes me think how I could of lived without it for this length of time

Specially when you compare it to the normal box standard sky hd box

It's like night and day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Vu+ Solo2 ,

nsw9154
26-03-14, 22:30
i was originally going to get a Gigablue Quad but they where out of stock so i thought about getting the vu+Duo original because of the price
then i read about the solo2 and became intrigued
could this box be as good as they where saying it was :confused:
i had been using a Blade 7000 Combo for the past three and a half years so a total virgin with Linux boxes
i bit the bullet and bought the solo2 :eek::p:D i was blown away with what it could do compared to my blade
this was a Ferrari and a very versatile one as well after 3 weeks i am finally mastering it
OK i still have a lot to learn but i could never go back to a lesser machine no way i only wish that it had the option to fit more tuners but i can live with that
Now if the Duo 2 is any thing like the Solo2 i might just be tempted,but for the time being the VU+Solo2 is King :D:thumbsup::cool:

YzMENTALzY
27-03-14, 02:15
This box is totally immense i have always wanted a Vu to see what all the talk was about now im not gonna turn back... Im defo gonna buy the duo2 for the bedroom when i get my 50inch 3DTV but till then solo2 is the boss

mariegriff
27-03-14, 07:51
Totally agree, I had an Skybox F5s, which was okay, or so I thought and then I bought a VU and its like night and day, plus with all the options that the new Zeus image gives it's absolutely amazing and this box is definitely the bees knees. As soon as I got it I installed a 1tb hard drive, booted it up and played and played and played with it until I've now got it to my liking.
Would recommend this box to anyone, although it may seem a bit pricey, sometimes you get what you pay for, and for me this is definitely worth paying for.
Love it....:)

jacquesy90
28-03-14, 13:22
Could not agree more with your review, I went from a f5s to a solo at first and was super shocked by the difference in that, then onto a duo and was impressed again.
But when this solo 2 arrived it was like christmas day as a kid, ripped it open threw a HDD in and away i went the happiest kid on the block hahaha. It is just in a different league, the boot up and restart speeds are amazing! Even tasks like ABM, cross EPG updates are sorted within a matter of seconds!
i set up a solo for a friend today and the reboot felt like it took an hour compared to solo 2! Incredible.
I also opted for the white edition which looks sexy under my 50" on a glossy white stand.
Couldnt be happier with the SOLO 2. The best!

cactikid
31-03-14, 00:27
try to convince people that a skybox to me is not for sat but for problems:violin:and to save up more money and buy the solo2:thumbsup:yes another big kid with solo/duo and the solo2 and it does what it says on the tin=work and for the effort to make this box no1 a very big:thumbsup:

nicky1964
26-02-16, 21:56
Just love mine only had a sky hd boxes before this and I am amazed the picture quality is FAR superior to the sky box

I am about to pull the trigger on a VU4k box for my man cave :cool: next :eek:

mrxbox360
26-02-16, 23:20
i like them so much i have two:thumbsup:

darklikevader201
06-03-16, 19:56
Has anyone got a setup guide for a vu+ solo2 thanx for you're help

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

davers1875
06-03-16, 21:18
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

abu baniaz
06-03-16, 21:20
The setup is more or less the same whichver receiver you are using.

Have a look at Josh's new box setup guide and the Vix manual.