PDA

View Full Version : new to this! what box to go for?

redthendead
19-03-14, 19:47
Hi all this is my first post so please be gentle. I am thinking of coming away from sky tv. I want to be able to have xbmc on my tv combined with satellite tv. I would like to be able to use the new box in a similar way to sky I.e pause rewind fast forward live tv. Also I would like to be able to have an RF output so I can watch the box in my bedroom. If you could tell me my best option for this I would be truely grateful :p

marty
19-03-14, 19:51
Any Enigma² based box will do you, will you be needing a twin tuner?

redthendead
19-03-14, 19:52
Erm.... I think so.......
as I say I'm new to all this :)

marty
19-03-14, 19:55
Most boxes don't have RF output, but an RF converter is cheap (less than £20)
You could do worse than consider an original VU+DUO (bit old now, but still very capable) or the TM-NANO-2T.
There are also some nice looking single tuner Gigablue 800SE/UE PLUS models that you can add an extra tuner ;)

redthendead
19-03-14, 20:08
I've been looking at the duo twin, would that be any good to me? If I used a converter for the signal up to my bedroom. If I go for one of those is there a thread that you know of that will explain the buying options to a simpleton like myself :)

Rob van der Does
21-03-14, 15:43
Don't go for an RF-connection through your house. You're using an HD box and then going for the lowest video-life-form.... :confused:
Use a (cheap, second hand, defective tuner np) e2 box in your bedroom and connect it via your lan to the 'server' box in your living.