View Full Version : how do i setup XBMC on my vu solo 2

mr_foj
17-03-14, 21:44
hi
i am new here can someone help me how do i setup XBMC on my vu solo 2
pls

DaMacFunkin
17-03-14, 21:52
Err you can't, you can install ts media which can access some of the same streams, as of yet, if ever xbmc doesn't support MIPS.

mr_foj
17-03-14, 22:08
ok
thanks for your help

duoduo
17-03-14, 22:41
Actually you can, but I can't talk about it on here because of what's involved to be able to do it. I don't pretend to know much about this but I know it can be done with enigma2 receivers. I am more than happy to answer any questions via pm but need to make it clear in not supporting or condoning how it is done and also wise to tell you there is a cost involved..

mr_foj
18-03-14, 00:31
so
i can have xbmc on my solo2

Larry-G
18-03-14, 00:36
You cant to my knowledge install XBMC on a E2 receiver, but there is a emulator of sorts that will allow you to install some patched XBMC plugins.

judge
18-03-14, 00:37
Actually you can, but I can't talk about it on here because of what's involved to be able to do it. I don't pretend to know much about this but I know it can be done with enigma2 receivers. I am more than happy to answer any questions via pm but need to make it clear in not supporting or condoning how it is done and also wise to tell you there is a cost involved..

Don't get you here...
Nothing wrong with discussing XBMC.
Also not sure how 'there is a cost involved'?

Larry-G
18-03-14, 00:38

If you know how to install XBMC onto a E2 receiver then by all means post how, this is a forum where we all learn from each other.

wullboy
18-03-14, 08:12
Much easier to install on a computer m8.

duoduo
18-03-14, 08:32
Ok, someone posted on an xbmc forum I use that they found away of using xbmc with their satellite box. Obviously being obsessed with both I asked for some info. He said to go to a site cs kings (don't shoot me, I'm sure you all know what goes on here, well I didn't at the time), go to iptv payserver section and look for a ad by a guy called Streaming Master. He has developed some kind of xbmc addon that is compatible with enigma2 and the feedback is very very good. I haven't tried it so can't give any personal feedback, but others say it works a treat. Where the pay comes in to the equation is that you have to subscribe to his server to get the xbmc addon. Please remember I am only relaying info that was given to me and I am in no way supporting anything to do with card sharing but just letting you know that xbmc is somehow available on a stb.

Larry-G
18-03-14, 08:45
Ok, someone posted on an xbmc forum I use that they found away of using xbmc with their satellite box. Obviously being obsessed with both I asked for some info. He said to go to a site cs kings (don't shoot me, I'm sure you all know what goes on here, well I didn't at the time), go to iptv payserver section and look for a ad by a guy called Streaming Master. He has developed some kind of xbmc addon that is compatible with enigma2 and the feedback is very very good. I haven't tried it so can't give any personal feedback, but others say it works a treat. Where the pay comes in to the equation is that you have to subscribe to his server to get the xbmc addon. Please remember I am only relaying info that was given to me and I am in no way supporting anything to do with card sharing but just letting you know that xbmc is somehow available on a stb.

Ivery much doubt he's running XBMC natively on the STB but more likely a plugin like the already available XBMC emulators, i may be wrong however, but if it were possible i'm sure the guys on the official XBMC forum would have said so first.

Rob van der Does
18-03-14, 10:06
Ivery much doubt he's running XBMC natively on the STB but more likely a plugin like the already available XBMC emulators, i may be wrong however, ...
I'm 100% sure you're right.

DaMacFunkin
18-03-14, 13:57
I've heard of this guy, he sells a box which contains some sort of iptv software closely linked (ripped) from xbmc, yes I he was saying he could port it to E2, but I wasn't aware he had, tbh I've read reviews of the 'service' and it isn't considers to be the best quality.
Now if someone could really port xbmc to E2 especially with the advances in libacss then I would be extremely interested.

duoduo
18-03-14, 20:25
Wouldn't we all matey, I'm sure that day will arrive eventually.

mr_foj
18-03-14, 22:10
so no XBMC
:(

Larry-G
19-03-14, 01:34
so no XBMC
:(

Not at present and by the few posts on the official XBMC forum its not likely to happen, well at least not on the current generation hardware.

Even the prismcube which does run XBMC and is made by Vu's parent company uses a different processor type than its current Vu+ line.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk