PDA

View Full Version : Hi again guys noob questions

YzMENTALzY
17-03-14, 20:35
Hi guys i got my solo2 today got close to everything sorted on it thanks to tutorials on here. i can record one programme and watch another but the app is sorta gettin me annoyed.... Iv got the app and want to watch something other than whats on the tv but instead it changes the channel and i watch what is on tv. Can anyone help me on this please. Is it because i havent done the setup properly?

By the way thesetup i have is a sky dish with 2 LNBs coming out of it.

judge
17-03-14, 20:57
What's "the app"
If you mean Vu+ Player, there's an option when setting up the receiver profile to set 'No zap before streaming/Multi-tuner'.

YzMENTALzY
17-03-14, 20:59
Yes mate absolutely works brilliantly thanks ever so much.... Just abit more help please whats the best plugins? Iv got tsmedia, autobouquets, airplay (doesnt work) and a few others like catseye n stuff but what would you guys recommend?

judge
17-03-14, 21:03
Only one I tend to use besides cccam & oscam is OnDemand.
Other than that you could install the HbbTV plugin so you can play with it's YouTube addition. Looks nice but I find it quite slow to use...

YzMENTALzY
17-03-14, 21:07
HbbTV i cant find that in the plugins i been looking for it too im running latest zeus image, or on demand cant find that either... Is their a airplay plugin? I installed two different ones to no avail... Kept giving error saying audio not supported or something like that

judge
17-03-14, 21:14
Both HbbTV & OnDemand are in the plugin feeds under extensions.
Airplayer is there too, no idea if/how well it works though.

YzMENTALzY
17-03-14, 21:28
Can i get xbmc running on it? My cousin has a duo and has xbmc running on it or are these boxes new and different

YzMENTALzY
17-03-14, 21:29
Thanks judge u have been a great help im sorry if iv been asking too many questions

judge
18-03-14, 00:40
Can i get xbmc running on it? My cousin has a duo and has xbmc running on it or are these boxes new and different

Not that I'm aware of, there are a few xmbc type plugins available, but I don't use any.

Thanks judge u have been a great help im sorry if iv been asking too many questions

No such thing as too many questions...

YzMENTALzY
22-03-14, 05:38
I installed openairplay and deleted it now everytime i go to plugin menu it shows m2crypto is missing in extentions how do i fix this please it just gets annoying

DaMacFunkin
22-03-14, 07:33
Like i think i said in another thread, make a list of the pugins you have tried and want to keep and do a clean install and only install those pugins, its the most stable way to do it.

YzMENTALzY
23-03-14, 01:41
Ok thanks btw is there a better way of updating the vix image rather than using usb?

abu baniaz
23-03-14, 01:59
It depends what you mean by updating.

Online updates can be done through the remote. 99% of the time this is fine and is an update.

Occasionally, owing to changes this is not advised. A fresh flash with no restores is advised. People still say they have updated their image, when a better wording is I have flashed image XXX by USB.

There is also the image Manager. You can download the image from remote and flash the downloaded image without using a USB stick. This is very similar to flashing from USB. You will be prompted if you want to restore your settings and plugins. If you do this, you have flashed an image using teh image manager and then restored settings.

You are already familair with flashing by USB. If there are settings backup on the storage deviced conencted to receiver after it reboots, oyou will aslo be prompted if you want to restore settings and plugins.

See this guide
http://openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/How%20to%20restore%20flash%20a%20image%20in%20ViX% 203.0%20without%20a%20USB%20stick%20%28%20all%20re ceivers%20%29.pdf