PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Abit confused

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 19:09
I should be getting VU solo 2 tomorrow with VIX installed going to install 1TB HDD myself but im kinda confused i got a sky dish and 2 LNBs if i add em both together 1 in tuner A and one in B can i record one programme and watch another.

Thanks for help im a noob when it comes to enigma2 boxes iv always worked with skybox f5s and openboxes

DaMacFunkin
16-03-14, 19:12
Yes mate sure can, Infact there are situations where you could be recording 6 channels at once of a dual lnb.

judge
16-03-14, 19:13
Have you 2 LNBs or 2 feeds from 1 LNB?
And, yes. You can record one (sometimes more) and watch another.

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 19:24
I have 1 dish with 2 lnb coming out of it used 2 be in my sky+HD Which i took out and put into my skybox f5s will i need another dish for dual recording & watching?

judge
16-03-14, 19:28
No, one dish will do.

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 19:41
Thanks mate because i have read in other forums and this one saying it may not work... The only reason i got the solo2 was to watch one and record another at same time because family are always on it... Im sooo excited iv even got the app lol... Plus DaMacFunkin said people use upto 6 recordings how does that work?

I would seriously need help tomorrow im sure one of you guys can help me its a very helpful forum i see

cactikid
16-03-14, 19:43
skybox f5 only has 1 tuner=1 cable,when you use a solo2 you will see what a real sat box does:thumbsup:

are you removing skybox?
each box needs its own feed from lnb.

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 20:14
Im removing the skybox definately i know the VU is the Ferrari of the satellite world so in that sense i missed alot... So if i put 2 LNBs in one box i can record one and watch one so how does recording 6 seperate channels work mate?

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 20:34
The chanenls are on transponders. Even with a single tuner receiver, you can record several channels provided they are on the same TP. If you have a dual tuner receiver this increases to you being able to record channels on both transponders in use.

When a recording/streamin is taking place, the channels that are not available to you will be greyed out.

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 21:11
Thanks mate... Just final question till tomorrow :D ... Does the app work flawlessly? And i ordered on friday (felt like a long weekend because i cant wait) do you think id have the vix zeus image or a older one?? Even if i had older is zeus worth it as i seen people with problems on different forums....

Whats the best plugins i can put on im a media freak so TSmedia will defo be in the plugins i will need what else can you recommend

cactikid
16-03-14, 21:27
autobouquetmaker
epg

hmm friday think zeus might be on as that is latest.

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 21:30
Thanks can i not downgrade if i have problems? I seriously need help with this im sorry guys i must be getting annoying

judge
16-03-14, 21:34
Thanks can i not downgrade if i have problems? I seriously need help with this im sorry guys i must be getting annoying

Yes, easy to load an older image but there really should be no need to.

cactikid
16-03-14, 21:40
might be better with a virgin image as no backups can be used so should be straight forward.:thumbsup:

YzMENTALzY
16-03-14, 21:54
Thanks guys roll on tomorrow

Rob van der Does
17-03-14, 06:38
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Trial
17-03-14, 08:58
Hi,
I am still a bit confused. You have 1 dish with 2 LNB. I assume one LNB point to 28.5E and the other one? If you want to make full use of a twin tuner STB you need 2 cables coming from each LNB and then 2 Diseqc switches or 2 Quattro LNBs and a multiswitch. So you need at least a twin LNB or better to utilize 2 tuner.

ciao