PDA

View Full Version : Tuner config

DaMacFunkin
16-03-14, 18:13
Hello can I ask how something might work, let's say my Tuner A is fixed to 28.2 and my Tuner B is motorised. Tuner priority is set to auto and preferred recording tuner is set to A.
If I'm watching a channel on Tuner A say BBC1 for arguments sake, and a timed recording starts on ITV, will the recording take place on Tuner A and my viewing be switched to tuner B?

Stanman
16-03-14, 20:06
I believe so

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 20:30
Please double check. I don't think a swap of tuner occurs. Next available tuner is used. I could be wrong.

DaMacFunkin
16-03-14, 20:50
The reason I gave that example is because what happens when there is no next available tuner, I will try to simulate when I'm home tomorrow night.

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 20:56
When a tuner is not available, provided the setting "recordings have priority" is still on, (this is default), "zap and record" will take place without a prompt. A notification will be displayed of what has just happened.

If tuner is available, recording will take place in the background.

AFAIK

cactikid
16-03-14, 21:31
yeah followed by bugger i was watching that:eek::D

Rob van der Does
17-03-14, 06:34
Hello can I ask how something might work, let's say my Tuner A is fixed to 28.2 and my Tuner B is motorised. Tuner priority is set to auto and preferred recording tuner is set to A.
If I'm watching a channel on Tuner A say BBC1 for arguments sake, and a timed recording starts on ITV, will the recording take place on Tuner A and my viewing be switched to tuner B?

'Tuner priority is set to auto' means that the tuner that has the least number of satellites will be preferred (i.e. tuner A in your case). So if the TV is in standby, and you start watching or a recording starts, tuner A will be used.
Any other second happening, such as a stream to a PC or a recording, will use the same tuner IF that event is on the same transponder. If it is on any other transponder, tuner B will be used.
In no case a new event will cause a swap of tuners (with the exception of live TV switching to a recorded channel if the number of tuners runs out due to many recordings).

In your case you would want to use tuner B for live-TV as much as possible (as it gives you the highest number of services). So in 'customise' you would set preferred tuner to B, and in 'recording settings' to A.

DaMacFunkin
17-03-14, 20:29
Yeah just figured that out as my little experiment didn't work, doesn't matter anymore in the scheme of things I'm probably going to move the solo2 to the bedroom and get a 3 or 4 tuner duo2 this week, just shopping around for the best price.

abu baniaz
18-03-14, 02:08
Don't forget to PM the sponsor for a discount.

DaMacFunkin
18-03-14, 14:11
He'd have to be in a good mood to match s***emsat given that I want an octo lnb and a load of webro it works out about £50 cheaper, I know the sponsors shipping charges are cheaper but still.