PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] More Transcoding Questions on Vix Zeus

chaser
16-03-14, 10:40
Ok. Just did a new install of Vix build 003 on my Duo2, and basically have everything working as before with 3.0 build 808. Following the other thread on transcoding, I thought I'd give it a try on my setup. I'm using iPad & iPhone with the latest Blackbox 2.7.1, and can stream live TV (SD & HD) over local WiFi without any problem when using the 'Internal Transcoding' option on the app. However, two bits that I can't get working are as follows:

1. Transcoding of previously recorded HD content. There doesn't seem to be any settings related to this in either the Vix image or the Blackbox app. I'm not sure if this is an image limitation or if it's a Blackbox app limitation - or have I just missed something in the setup?

2. Transcoding to Blackbox if using any Web-Interface port other than the default port 80. In this case I'm trying to stream over the internet, and don't want to use the standard port 80. I've changed the web interface port on OpenWebIf and Blackbox, and also forwarded this port on my router to my Duo2 box, but it just won't work. It won't even work on my local network, where router port forwarding shouldn't be required. I'm guessing that Blackbox needs to see OpenWebIf to get the Bouquet and EPG data. I can access OpenWebIf from my browser no problem, using the format http://myipaddress:myport.

Any ideas? Has anyone managed to get streaming working in these scenarios?

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 10:55
ad 1: I don't have any 'i'-devices, So I can't go into that. But does it work via the WEB-IF on a PC?

ad 2: port 80 is required. Nothing we can do about that.

chaser
16-03-14, 13:24
ad 1: I don't have any 'i'-devices, So I can't go into that. But does it work via the WEB-IF on a PC?
To be honest, I'm finding it difficult to tell. OpenWebIf does give me two streaming options - one for normal stream, and another for transcoded. I can get both to work on my laptop from a HD source, so I'm not sure if any transcoding is actually happening. Is there any way to tell?

ad 2: port 80 is required. Nothing we can do about that.
Ok. Thanks.

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 14:40
If you use VLC you can open the media-tab. In there you can see the bitrate and other media information.

An other way is to set the bitrate to the lowest available value: PQ should be rather bad then

avinitski
17-03-14, 12:30
So in order for streaming to work on Zeus does the port have to be 80 only?

stevejd2001
17-03-14, 12:40
yes on port 80

chaser
17-03-14, 13:48
To be clear, we're not talking about the main streaming port (default 8002) here. This is the web interface port we're talking about. I must admit, I don't really understand where the web interface part of it fits into the overall streaming spec, or where the limitation is that prevents ports other than port 80 to be used. I'm sure there will be a write-up on it somewhere on the web.