PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] this new image

shadows
16-03-14, 09:29
not loaded it yet ..is it possible to save my pluggins and cams from the old image or do i have to start all over again thanks

hilly
16-03-14, 09:40
Flesh flash mate ,but what I do is ftp the plugins from box to a file on my laptop then just put them back .

Larry-G
16-03-14, 09:44
you can save you'r config files, channel lists and timers.xml files etc, but the rest is a full fresh flash without a settings backup / restore from a earlier image.

shadows
16-03-14, 22:33
Flesh flash mate ,but what I do is ftp the plugins from box to a file on my laptop then just put them back .

were do i find my plugins to ftp to pc cheers

gordyboy
16-03-14, 23:10
Think about what you will gain from the new image. If your box is working perfectly well dont change whats the point just to say its running Zeuss?

Larry-G
16-03-14, 23:13
Think about what you will gain from the new image. If your box is working perfectly well dont change whats the point just to say its running Zeuss?

no one forces you to use ViX, if it's not rite for you use another and stop being so negative.

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 23:19
You can backup your chanenl lists using Dreamboxedit/Dreamset or similar.

Softcams are located in /usr/softcams/
You can save them to PC and transfer back, then chmod 755. Config files you know where they are.

Other plugins, hopefully you still have ipks.

gordyboy
16-03-14, 23:19
I agree no one forces me but I do use it and I really like it but what I dont want to do is read a load of mixed comments which clearly shows that either the new image has not been fully road tested before release, is not as stable as the previous image or the enhancements are not sufficient to merit a whole new flash.

I will update only when users come onto the board and provide comments which merit an update

Larry-G
16-03-14, 23:24
I agree no one forces me but I do use it and I really like it but what I dont want to do is read a load of mixed comments which clearly shows that either the new image has not been fully road tested before release, is not as stable as the previous image or the enhancements are not sufficient to merit a whole new flash.

I will update only when users come onto the board and provide comments which merit an update

If the image is so defective as you like to claim then please do point out the defects in the form of bug reports, so far as with every other ViX release, the vast majority of reports have been user fault in not correctly setting their image up. but as your the expert I await your reports.

gordyboy
16-03-14, 23:31
Re well gordyboy, its a no brainer for me m8, all the future updates will be in zues , and thats enough for me to warrent the update as you put it
i have had no problems with it what so ever all working as the last 808 image did if not a little better

Thats great and thats what I want to hear positive comments..............

Re If the image is so defective as you like to claim then please do point out the defects in the form of bug reports, so far as with every other ViX release, the vast majority of reports have been user fault in not correctly setting their image up. but as your the expert I await your reports.

I havent claimed once about the image being defective. So far the proof has been mixed reviews and thats what I have been going on.

Andy_Hazza
16-03-14, 23:31
I have a Solo2 and Zeus is working brilliantly for me. It's probably the users that aren't up to scratch?

Larry-G
16-03-14, 23:44
I havent claimed once about the image being defective. So far the proof has been mixed reviews and thats what I have been going on.

The proof is trying it out for your sef and making observations from that, if your not willing to try the image you cant very well critique it.

seame
17-03-14, 00:02
I think the move to Zeus was to aid the devs. If you want to stay updated then flash the new image if not then stay with the one you have.

antonionas
17-03-14, 00:04
Looking for sat service to upload an image to my dm800sehd
Anyone know about any place or person who services dm800 boxes. I have dm800 se hd and had a doesens of images and was not too keen on any of them.
TSPANEL WITH WIRELESS CONNECTION
Looking for image, tv guide, cccam, youtube and all common features used on dm.
Please help

Rob van der Does
17-03-14, 06:24
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Ojustaboo
17-03-14, 12:05
If the image is so defective as you like to claim then please do point out the defects in the form of bug reports, so far as with every other ViX release, the vast majority of reports have been user fault in not correctly setting their image up. but as your the expert I await your reports.

I think you are being totally unfair.

I agree with gordyboy. I love VIX and wouldn't run anything else, that said, my quad is households TV box, I might enjoy tinkering around with it, my wife doesn't. She's finally got to grips with it over the past month but only last week made a comment to a friend that if I died, she would have no choice but get rid of the box, since she cant get her head around setting it up etc when things go wrong (and small niggly things do happen on a regular basis).

All he is saying is that if everythings running perfectly with the current system, what's the point of everyone updating to a version that might not be as stable.

New releases of any software tend to be buggy and if a new release doesn't offer a significant enhancement to the end user, then yes, unless your the sort of person that enjoys beta testing your sat box software (and has a partner that doesn't mind if they cant operate the TV properly) , then what he says is totally true, let those that want to test and play around do so, and let the rest upgrade when it's confirmed to be as near 100% stable as it can be.

As for the vast majority of things being user faults, while that is probably true, I suspect that it's also true that a big reason this happens is because not all users are programmers and often setting the software up to do something that should be very simple (applies to all Enigma2 images, not just ViX), well, very often it isn't (hence my wifes comments) and maybe if documentation was better, on screen instructions clearer, then there wouldn't be so many user problems.

Rob van der Does
17-03-14, 12:15
It's quite simple, really: any E2 box requires a certain level of user experience. Most retailer have a warning like that on their shop.
You're either in for an E2-box, and hence do a certain amount of 'fiddling' with settings etc, or you're not and you use a box from your provider.

Ojustaboo
17-03-14, 14:06
It's quite simple, really: any E2 box requires a certain level of user experience. Most retailer have a warning like that on their shop.
You're either in for an E2-box, and hence do a certain amount of 'fiddling' with settings etc, or you're not and you use a box from your provider.

I agree totally.

I wasn't meaning to put you guys down, I think you all do a superb job.

I just thought gordyboy made a valid point.

For instance, while I have loaded the latest version (I love playing). I can understand competent people buying such a box, wanting to get it set it up how they want, and once it's there, forget about it as much as possible until a newer version with changes that really enhance the users usage comes along. I just didn't see him complaining about the ViX image or implying it was in a poor state, more just giving a friendly warning to others that if they are happy, it maybe better to wait for a while.

Anyway, I don't want to fall out with you all, again I really appreciate the great job you all do.

So I'll shut up :)

Rob van der Does
17-03-14, 14:11
So I'll shut up :)
No need to shut up..... everybody his own ideas and way of working.

And of course there's also a middle-way: once happy with a setup, leave the box as is.
And on the other side there are users who want to be on the bleeding edge, and update as soon as an update is available. With the off chance of running into an issue, requiring reverting to the previous build (for whcih we have an easy to use backup system).

marty
17-03-14, 14:34
The whole point of EČ is to fiddle with it :p
I spend more time 'messing' with mine rather than watching it :D
A bit like the old Ford I own ;) I don't actually drive it, just mess all the time (this is a MAN thing, women don't get it at all :whistle: )

Martincape
17-03-14, 15:06
The whole point of EČ is to fiddle with it :p
I spend more time 'messing' with mine rather than watching it :D
A bit like the old Ford I own ;) I don't actually drive it, just mess all the time (this is a MAN thing, women don't get it at all :whistle: )

Haha me too!!!

Probably too much. The Mrs just wants to watch and I'm forever trying to sort things.

I have to to a full reflash and router reset as I have managed to get a virus lol. Only affects updates. But I have to wait till the mrs is out to do it, or she will twine lol

marty
17-03-14, 15:59
EČ virus? new one to me :confused:

Martincape
17-03-14, 16:08
Was to me too until last night. One which affects the wget file.

Aidra worm or something. Can take residence in the router too apparently.

Larry-G
17-03-14, 16:25
Yes the adira virus can affect all linux based systems from pc's to routers and STB's. There are many posts on the forum about this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marty
17-03-14, 16:26
Any way to protect against this?

Larry-G
17-03-14, 16:38
Any way to protect against this?

Mainly good house keeping of your connectes devices, such as changing any default passwords etc, and having a good clear out / reflash every now and again.

marty
17-03-14, 16:41
Mainly good house keeping of your connectes devices, such as changing any default passwords etc, and having a good clear out / reflash every now and again.

Of what? the STB or router?

Larry-G
17-03-14, 16:44
Of what? the STB or router?

Every thing that is connected to your network and has a linux based OS, so stb's, routers the lot. Main thing is to never leave a connected device with the default login details even for a minute.

marty
17-03-14, 16:45
Never do anyway, or the bloody kids forward ports for Minecraft :p

shadows
17-03-14, 18:34
loaded it so far so good just need to get one channel working in ts media. can someone please link me to the one channel fix cant seem to find it cheers

bartjunited
18-03-14, 09:44
where can i find details of this new image please?
what benefit is there to upgrading to it.

my Solo was doing the strangest things today, it was changing to another channel midway through either watching a live broadcast or a recording, channels appearing one minute and then not the next.

I was thinking of doing a software upgrade and then thought let me check the forum to see if anyone has had any issues and now seen there is a new image.

help pls, should i upgrade to the new image or just flash back to my current one?

cheers Bart

Rob van der Does
18-03-14, 09:47
Quite simple really: read the release thread about info on the release, and just flash it, as development of version 3 has been stopped.

bartjunited
18-03-14, 09:53
thanks i cant find the release thread info

have you seen the issues I have described?

I assume i need to do a fresh flash with no settings - is that right?

bartjunited
18-03-14, 09:59
can i use the install manager within the box to do the flash or do i have to do this via a usb stick?

Rob van der Does
18-03-14, 10:02
Just use an USB-stick.

bartjunited
18-03-14, 10:13
thanks you