thanks

Trial
15-03-14, 22:52
Hi,
seems to be a driver problem.

ciao

gordyboy
15-03-14, 23:11
think its best to stick with the old vix until issues are resolved. why are the new updates released when there are obvious problems........

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 08:55
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

think its best to stick with the old vix until issues are resolved. why are the new updates released when there are obvious problems........

Not sure what you mean. We have no influence on drivers and any driver issue will apply to any image.
We only hold back new drivers if we observe serious issues. This one is not.

Trial
16-03-14, 08:57
Hi,
when looking at the past VU reacted quite fast for such a problem. Letīs see what happens next week. I reported the problem on Saturday.

ciao

lotar
16-03-14, 09:49
thanks a lot for your support;
in Spain there are some important channels using this audio

Larry-G
16-03-14, 09:54

If you think you can do better then please do, but as pointed out we have no control over driver related issues, so please complain to Vu+, the more users who do, the faster they will fix the issue.

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 10:40
Today's drivers fixed this issue.
You can get them from

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
and unzip them to /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra , overwriting the existing files. A reboot is required to activate the drivers.

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 10:45
Today's drivers fixed this issue.
You can get them from

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
and unzip them to /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra , overwriting the existing files. A reboot is required to activate the drivers.
I'm sorry to say that is is not fixed yet (just tested on ServusTV Deutschland).

Trial
16-03-14, 11:44
Hi,
downmix is working with these drivers.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 11:46
Hi,
downmix is working with these drivers.

ciao
Not on my boxes (for AC3+).

Trial
16-03-14, 12:52
Hi,
on my Duo2 it seems that downmix is always on as I can control volume without downmix for AC3/AC3+/DTS. I checked AC3+ with Servus TV HD.

Now I checked Solo2. I can switch on/off downmix for AC3+ BUT NOT when the AC3+ track is currently active. When I switch to AC3, switch downmix, switch back to AC3+ then everything is like it should be.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 15:23
I have reflashed my Solo2 & Duo2 and installed today's drivers: all seems to be working fine now.
AC3+ & AC3 can be passed through (if you have a compatible amp) and downmixed to stereo. I can't find any issues.

Trial
16-03-14, 17:32
Hi,
have you switch downmix on/off while you hear the AC3+ track? My amp did not switch to stereo when I switched downmix on it stayed on AC3+.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 20:59
De-activating downmix (via the audio button menu) is always effective immediately, while activating downmix requires a channel-zap to become active.
This has always been the case.

Trial
17-03-14, 09:04
Hi,
on my test with AC3 on Solo2 both directions worked immediately as far as I remember.

ciao