PDA

View Full Version : Zeus Motor Problems

DaMacFunkin
13-03-14, 21:57
I have tried to do a clean install of Zeus 003 tonight, but I can not get my motorised tuner to work with it, I have tried to copy and paste my nims settings to the settings file, but the image keeps trying to add extra Disque settings a,b,c,d to the settings file even though my my setup is positioner.., I have tried to set it up manually by setting position 1 as 0.8w and then searching but it doesn't find anything, I've reflashed back to 808, restored settings and bang, sat moves as should, there is something buggy in here, I see someone else is having probs with his technomate as well.
This is what my settings should be:
config.Nims.1.latitude=xx.495
config.Nims.1.diseqcMode=positioner
config.Nims.1.longitude=x.496
config.Nims.1.longitudeOrientation=west
if I check in Tuner B config, this is what it reads.

But the image keeps adding something like this as well (may not exact because I have now wiped):
config.Nims.1.diseqcA=19.2
config.Nims.1.diseqcB=3662
config.Nims.1.diseqcC=3662
config.Nims.1.diseqcD=3662

I seriously have nearly thrown the remote at the TV.

pooface
13-03-14, 22:17
Simple question, but why not just enter your usals settings in via the config first install wizard?! Never had a problem with my motor on any of the boxes here...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
14-03-14, 01:24
I suppose I am to blame. When it was asked in the other thread if you can backup your motor settings, I mentioned that you can backup the relevant lines. I had assumed that it was a complex setup and not just a simple USALS settings. If it is just USALS, then there are only co-ordinates to enter. Anyway, I did what I posted and my motorised dish (combined with a fixed dish on the same tuner) works fine.

I'll test tomorrow after having eliminated fixed dish from equation as somone else has posted an issue about a motor.

@Damacfunkin, what is your physical dish setup please? No need to mention what you have set it as.

Rob van der Does
14-03-14, 07:07
I'm running USALS on 10 boxes running Zeus and non has any issue (nor running previous versions of ViX).
Setup is really easy and identical to previous versions; nothing has been changed.

DaMacFunkin
14-03-14, 08:14
I did originally set the settings manually in the wizard, the last dish position was 19.2, this is where I think it has made a mess with the 4 lines it insists on adding, it was only when I couldn't get it work that I added the lines, I have tuner a simple fixed to 28.2, and tuner c simple fixed to 28.2, then tuner b as positioner, when itey to zap to a channel from reboot the spinner says it is moving from 28.2... Like I said in my previous post I've tried manually entering the info and copy and pasting, same difference really... But it keeps adding the 4 lines. Ps I think my motor is a dark motor?

pooface
14-03-14, 08:27
I did originally set the settings manually in the wizard, the last dish position was 19.2, this is where I think it has made a mess with the 4 lines it insists on adding, it was only when I couldn't get it work that I added the lines, I have tuner a simple fixed to 28.2, and tuner c simple fixed to 28.2, then tuner b as positioner, when itey to zap to a channel from reboot the spinner says it is moving from 28.2... Like I said in my previous post I've tried manually entering the info and copy and pasting, same difference really... But it keeps adding the 4 lines. Ps I think my motor is a dark motor?

Try putting coax of motor to tuner a, and nothing in b or c. In the settings, put a as usals with your settings, and b and c as not configured. Then see how it works...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
14-03-14, 12:24
What receiver and what tuner modules?

abu baniaz
14-03-14, 16:19
Just virgin flashed my TM Twin with 2014_03_13 bootloader and Zeus 003.
Tuner A = usals
Tuner B = fixed 28

Motor is TM2600, Triax TD110 with TM super lnb

Not that it matters, but the section regarding NIMS comes up as below. I have edited my co-ordinates

config.Nims.1.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.0.diseqcB=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcC=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcD=3601
config.Nims.0.longitude=X.XX
config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=positioner
config.Nims.0.latitude=XX.XXX
config.Nims.0.longitudeOrientation=west

I put Enigma to sleep and transferred 13/03 Vhannibals list (inclusive of satellites.xml using Dreamset. Dreamset sends it to /etc/tuxbox/). I have tested selecting several channels on differing satellites and the dish moved fine. It also stopped without an issue.

DaMacFunkin
14-03-14, 20:32
Hello, I have just reflashed again with 003 and didn't use the wizard, I left Tuner a not configured, and manually entered my positioner info and it worked straight away, I then configured the other 2 tuners and all seems fine now on that front, I still don't understand why these lines are being added if positioner is being used:
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282
config.Nims.0.diseqcB=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcC=3601
config.Nims.0.diseqcD=3601
They weren't present in the old settings file, and ive just checked my new settings file and they aren't present there now, but they was last night...
p.s. I still can't get epg data to display, posted in the other thread.
Thanks for your help.