PDA

View Full Version : Host name

ifearnobeer
13-03-14, 10:40
i am trying to connect my sf8 using filezilla.I have found the ip address of my box but where do i get the hostname from,and do i create my own username and password.I have read tutorials and posts on the forum but can't get the info i need.Sorry if it's a dumb question but i am very new to this hobby and everything is a complete mystery.Thanks for any help.Doh:confused:

ismailbmw
13-03-14, 11:07
Have you tried root as username and leave password blank.

abu baniaz
13-03-14, 13:52
Host = IP address of receiver.
User = root
Password = leave blank unless you have changed it. (Actually any password will work until you set one.)
Port = leave blank uness you have changed it

ifearnobeer
16-03-14, 01:24
When i click quickconnect on filezilla it says server already connected but there are no server files on the right hand side so i cant enter my CCcam cfg.Any ideas fellers.

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 01:31
Can you navigate to /etc/

ifearnobeer
16-03-14, 01:37
No the etc and tmp files aren't there .the right hand side is completely empty and says "not connected to server",but when i click on "quickconnect" it says already connected to server.

abu baniaz
16-03-14, 05:35
Dont click on "quick connect", enter details and then press enter

ifearnobeer
16-03-14, 22:22
Cheers i'll try that

ifearnobeer
17-03-14, 21:46
Filezilla now working ,stb files now showing we're slowly getting there.

ifearnobeer
30-03-14, 15:10
After hours of searching the forum and acting on members advice and tutorials i have finally managed to get my sf8 working,first with fta and now scrambled channels.Now i'll try to set up a channel list.I'd like to thank the vix guys and members for their help.