PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Couple of possible bugs maybe??

Martincape
12-03-14, 17:46
Hi guys, just got 002 running now, smoothly at the min, don't wanna shout too loud lol.

Couple things I've noticed, just little things, not sure if they are bugs:

1) When the box starts up from a restart, or enigma restart, sometimes, if it starts up on a HD channel, there is no sound. I have to change to a SD channel to get sound. Then it's all fine.

2) When changing settings where you select a number, as in, service width or picon width in the graphical EPG, it's very slow at responding to remote button presses. I cannot hold my finger on the remote button and have it scroll rapidly through the numbers. I have to press it maybe 6-7 times, then wait for number to change. I know on ViX 808 it does scroll rapidly with my exact same setup, as I was on that last night when I was losing my head lol. I change service width from 250 to 195, so can take a while now.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, or it's just mine.

andyblac
12-03-14, 17:54
Hi guys, just got 002 running now, smoothly at the min, don't wanna shout too loud lol.

Couple things I've noticed, just little things, not sure if they are bugs:

1) When the box starts up from a restart, or enigma restart, sometimes, if it starts up on a HD channel, there is no sound. I have to change to a SD channel to get sound. Then it's all fine.

2) When changing settings where you select a number, as in, service width or picon width in the graphical EPG, it's very slow at responding to remote button presses. I cannot hold my finger on the remote button and have it scroll rapidly through the numbers. I have to press it maybe 6-7 times, then wait for number to change. I know on ViX 808 it does scroll rapidly with my exact same setup, as I was on that last night when I was losing my head lol. I change service width from 250 to 195, so can take a while now.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, or it's just mine.

both are Driver issues. and would need to reporting to Vu.

Martincape
12-03-14, 17:55
Ar ok. So I'm not going mental lol

andyblac
12-03-14, 17:58
Ar ok. So I'm not going mental lol

nope, does my head in to, and why i have started using ET10000 as my main dev box. the frame buffer on Vu's still needs a lot of work, the ViX team is also working on a FULL 1080p HD skin, of which is not currently supported by Vu, i have asked for it a few times but gotten no response.

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:01
I spent all night last night thinking my box was faulty coz of that issue lol.

The drivers in 808 were fine for both of them issues pal, could they not be reintegrated into say 003?

andyblac
12-03-14, 18:03
I spent all night last night thinking my box was faulty coz of that issue lol.

The drivers in 808 were fine for both of them issues pal, could they not be reintegrated into say 003?

you can manually put them in, but will miss lot of other bug fixes.

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:07
I've noticed that the ability to connect via FTP stops frequently too. I need to do a restart to be able to connect again. Any idea what that could be pal?

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 18:13
Well, then I'm going mental: I can't reproduce this:
G-EPG --> Menu --> Picon width --> hold press right --> running like mad
Tested on Solo2 & DUO2 both on Zeus 002.

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:24
I definitely can't pal. It's very slow.

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 18:33
Interference?
From sunlight, energy saving bulbs, TV?

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:35
It's actually a lot faster now. Not like 808 but the whole image is now faster. Maybe with installing everything, setting all up and changing stuff it couldn't keep up. Seems fine now we're just watch telly lol

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:35
They can all interfere pal?

Larry-G
12-03-14, 18:44

Yes bright background lighting such as strong sunlight coming through a window and energy saving lightbulbs are a well known cause of RC interference, or the silly bugger across the road with a similar box winding you up by changing channels etc ( it has happened ).

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 18:44
Yup. And probably more.
Also low batteries can cause an issue like this.
Anyway: you experience it and I don't using the same box & image. So there must be something else/external causing it.

Martincape
12-03-14, 18:49
O well. Seems to be better now. Everything I want on it is now there. Except all the films. Gonna put them on the external.

Is there a quicker way to put them on external hdd other than FTP? Can I connect direct to laptop in the ext3/4 format?

Larry-G
12-03-14, 18:51
O well. Seems to be better now. Everything I want on it is now there. Except all the films. Gonna put them on the external.

Is there a quicker way to put them on external hdd other than FTP? Can I connect direct to laptop in the ext3/4 format?

you can load a driver that would allow windows to recognize the ext3/4 format. I made a thread on this forum a while ago, if i find it i'll repost it.

Martincape
12-03-14, 19:14
That would be great pal. Would I be able to write to it too?

Larry-G
12-03-14, 19:17
yes..........

Martincape
12-03-14, 19:17
Legend if you can find it :)

Larry-G
12-03-14, 19:18
ok buddy this is the thread i was referring to.

How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3, ext4) From Windows. Click here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22172-How-to-Access-Linux-Partitions-(ext2-ext3-ext4)-From-Windows&highlight=How+Access+Linux+Partitions)

andyblac
12-03-14, 19:20
It's actually a lot faster now. Not like 808 but the whole image is now faster. Maybe with installing everything, setting all up and changing stuff it couldn't keep up. Seems fine now we're just watch telly lol

i have i have lots and lots of code optimisations in E2 for Zeus, thats why it has been so long wait for the update.

Martincape
12-03-14, 19:23
Just looked at the info you attached pal. Which would be more stable:

Using those tools to access ext4 hdd, connecting to laptop and writing all videos before connecting back up to solo.

Or connecting up to windows, format to ntfs, write all files to hard drive, plug into USB port on router and mount as network drive on solo?

I know I'm a pain in the ar*e lol

Martincape
12-03-14, 19:25
i have i have lots and lots of code optimisations in E2 for Zeus, thats why it has been so long wait for the update.

It's working a lot better now pal. Just got 200gb of video to get to external hdd now. Trying to find the quickest and most stable for solo. Don't want to FTP through the box for up to 4 hours copying. Don't think it will like that lol

satmanbasil
14-03-14, 00:15
Hi

also experience on the solo2 no audio from bootup changing channel does not unlock it i have to go back into a/v settings and change the 1080i to say 720p to change it when i get the message re video ok i simply cancel and the audio comes back.
Also noticed when setting on 1080p the aduio stutters on all channels so having to use the 1080i setting

Rob van der Does
14-03-14, 07:26
I've been trying to replicate your issue, but I can't.
I've read about the no-audio issues on start up: I don't experience them either, but they should be 'fixed' by zapping up/down.

The audio stuttering when using 1080p sounds like high bandwidth issues. That might be related to a bad HDMI cable/connection (try another cable and make sure both ends of the cable are firmly connected) or an amp not capable of handling that. You could also try to experience with the 'PCM Multichannel' settings.
And maybe the settings 'bypass HDMI EDID check' does the trick.

satmanbasil
14-03-14, 15:39
Hi

Does seem strange this no audio at startup as now when i use the 720p trick thats not working and im having to use another setting. It was mentioned before that some people had this problem what was the solution then , was it a driver update ?
Silly thing is my duo with zeus is working fine with no problem. I will have a look at the hdmi cable just incase its past its sell by date lol

Martincape
14-03-14, 15:47
Happened again to me before, the audio issue. Re started box while on E4 HD, no sound, moved up a channel to SD E4+1, sound back on. Not a major issue to me really. Got bigger problems lol