PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Default sort order for media player

IAmATeaf
09-03-14, 18:45
When I click on the button to go into my recordings the default sort order is by date which is fine but when browsing say an external HDD via USB I'd like the sort order to be alphabetic. I know that this sort of goes against the main media player and my recordings setting but at the moment each folder I browse I have to press the menu button to change the sort order.

Obviously not major issue. more an annoyance but is there a way I can possible set the entire external drive to have an alphabetic sort order?

Rob van der Does
09-03-14, 18:48
Sorting can be set to be independent for every folder.
Use the context menu to set what you want.

A prerequisite is that the box has writing-rights in that folder.

IAmATeaf
09-03-14, 19:34
Yes I know it can be set for each folder but what I'd like is to set it as a default for the entire drive.

What I have at the moment are separate folders for movies and tv series, for the movies I then have folders for genre and for each tv series I have separate folders for each season. As I said not a biggie but I have to set the sort order for each and every folder on the drive whereas what would be preferred is to set the sort order at the top level.

Rob van der Does
09-03-14, 19:38
No default value will suit everybody; hence the option to change.
And changing the value is a very swift, one time job.

TimoJ
09-03-14, 20:41
You can do that quickly if you set correct sort order in one folder and then copy .e2settings.pkl file from there to all other folders. Very easy to do with Total Commander (in Windows).

Rob van der Does
09-03-14, 21:26
And that's faster then click on the colour-button assigned to sort?

TimoJ
09-03-14, 22:52
And that's faster then click on the colour-button assigned to sort?
Well, it depends how many folders you have to change. After about 10 folders you begin to wonder if there is an easier and faster way to do it.

IAmATeaf
10-03-14, 20:54
It's funny, I was just looking at that file with a view to copying it around, thanks for the confirmation that this would work :)