PDA

View Full Version : Loop through

DaMacFunkin
09-03-14, 17:42
Hello I currently own a solo2 and I am thinking of buying a duo2 with 3 dvbs-2 tuners from the sponsor, am I right in thinking that if the single tuner was configured as tuner c, I could loop a fixed 28.2 feed through to my freesat tv, and if so would that be a tru loop thru, or if tuner c would only pass though the transponder it was tuned to?

Rob van der Does
09-03-14, 18:39
Normally a loop through means that all transponders that are in the same quadrant as the tuner is tuned to will be passed through.
However: there are (still) driver issues in this area. The recent drivers (dated 6/3) hold a partial fix. That means that as the tuner is not in use the LNB will be passed through without problems. However: as soon as the tuner is in use, there is no signal any more.
It took VU+ quite some time to produce the present partial fix; we have no idea how long it will take to fully fix the issue (if they do at all).

DaMacFunkin
09-03-14, 21:03
That is why I was asking, I don't think it is just a vu problem as other receivers seem to act in the same way. Mm looks like I'm going to need an octo lnb :(

Rob van der Does
09-03-14, 21:28
Other VU's that have a loopthrough do it correctly with the same tuner board (UNO/Ultimo).