PDA

View Full Version : VuPlus-Support.co.uk OpenPLi powered backup image for newbie’s - feedback thread

Sicilian
18-04-10, 22:42
Please post all feedback for the VuPlus-Support.co.uk OpenPLi powered backup image for newbie’s here.

Image can be found here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?360-VuPlus-Support.co.uk-OpenPLi-powered-backup-image-for-newbie%92s&p=1324#post1324

Berggren
21-04-10, 22:24
I tried this image and I do like it alot.
And the guide is easy to follow as well, good job on that one Sic!

Nothing much to say really, it has the things I need in a image for now.
But then I'm all for stability and not the fancy pancy looks.

A skin that works and is fairly quick, linebreaks in the right places (since in Sweden we do put subs an all foreign material) and recording that works well.
There you have my requirements for an image. Nothing much but all memebers of my family need to be able to operate the thing also.
Would it just be me, then it´s a different thing.

But qudos to all the people out there pushing the development of images forward!
Keep em coming and I will try them out :cool:

bobonthejob
22-04-10, 08:37
Hi all...

Tested the image last night too. Image works well - Instructions nicely layed and good information provided.

Image has all the stuff you would need. It does extacly what it says on the tin. :D

akhtarmoughal
09-05-10, 09:28
hello i like it nice image one thing i missing compare to elite image that it dosent have wlan option i can use wlan to addon plugin quicker in vu cos my router is 10 meter away i am using wi fi dongle its work with elite image great its is tp-link wn321g is this option add on this image later help thanks
akhtar

pege63
12-05-10, 09:43
Does the EPG only support UK channells?

Sicilian
12-05-10, 09:44
Does the EPG only support UK channells?

Its got the Rytec EPG plugin pre-installed, its supports many providers, just select the ones you want to use.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/Sicilian_1970/vuplus%20imsges/epgimportservices.jpg

pege63
12-05-10, 09:51
Is the rytec.channels.xml.gz in there or do i have to get this in to?

grtmoby
12-05-10, 09:53
Sic, do u know if it supports providers in the middle east, like showtime or orbit

Sicilian
12-05-10, 09:55
Is the rytec.channels.xml.gz in there or do i have to get this in to?

The sources files is already there, but its an idea to update the rytec.channel.xml file thats in /etc/epgimport

Download the latest rytec.channels.xml.gz, extract the rytec.channels.xml first, then FTP to /etc/epgimport and chmod 644

Sicilian
12-05-10, 09:56
Sic, do u know if it supports providers in the middle east, like showtime or orbit

Dont think Showtime and Orbit is supported. You could post a request with Rytec here
http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=62

pege63
12-05-10, 10:04
Is this for FTA only?

Sicilian
12-05-10, 10:10
The EPG plugin is for all channels regardless. Your TV subscription will determine if you can clear the channels or not.

In future please keep discussion to the main forums, this is the download only section. Thank you.

EDIT: Just moved last two posts from download section.

steve1978
21-05-10, 18:19
I used this image and i have to say i like it alot, saves a lot of time trying out the different plugins in order to get the job done!

Thanks Sic,

You thought about doing another one with DE image?

PS i love the brushed ALU skin, realy sets it off.

Sicilian
21-05-10, 18:51
I'm currently working something special ;) Watch this space :)

Berggren
21-05-10, 23:14
Ohh, give us more Sic!
Can't tease us so.....:cool:

Sicilian
22-05-10, 05:37
Ohh, give us more Sic!
Can't tease us so.....:cool:

Patience is a virtue ;)

Wont be long now :D

Sicilian
24-05-10, 07:27
New fully loaded for newbies image will be uploaded today, with some great new VUPlus branded skins, no more dreambox branding in the skin :D

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=438

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=464

Berggren
24-05-10, 08:02
Looking good Sic!

Will try this one out later tonight when I get home from work. Just need the missus to go to bed first before I start to mess with the app.

I don't consider myself a neewbie but I guess i can use it anyway? :D
Will report back what I think about it.

gab2001uk
07-06-10, 22:00
Media player seems to be playing up. No sound on .AVI files (MP3 or AC3 audio). Some files do not play at all.
Went back to 12/05/10 version and plays ok there.
Also Graphical EPG will not let you choose your bouquet, only displays the bouquet last chosen.

gan23
09-06-10, 08:43
Has anyone noticed when you put the box in standby (not deep standby) that the screen turns off, box goes into standby, and then a a frozen picture of what you were last viewing appears on the screen even though the box is now in standby?? This could cause screen burn if you have a plasma and just quickly pressed standby and left the room. has it happened to anyone else?

bobonthejob
09-06-10, 08:49
I have seen that.. I have seen it on the DE 1.3.2 version.

pege63
09-06-10, 13:11
It fixed now

gan23
10-06-10, 11:18
Is it fixed with the new drivers update?? I have not done this yet...

Ojustaboo
10-06-10, 11:23
Love this image, thanks a lot.

I like the Vali_HDSBlue_MiniTV skin best