PDA

View Full Version : How can i run 2 boxes off 1 cable

nsw9154
08-03-14, 21:41
Hello like the title says at the moment i have a Blade Combo running all programs with the 9991 menu,and i have just bought a VU+solo2 that i am slowly getting to grips with but it is looking more like i am going to be using it only as a Free View Receiver :mad:
at the moment i am using a Sly dish and only have 1 single cable running to my Back room and it is a long run through the inside of the house along the landing and down the stairs
so until i get round to fit my 85cm Gilbertine/Dark Motor supreme and i will have to get a Quad or Dual LNB to replace the single inverto Black Ultra that i bought originally for the Blade
so is their a switch similar to a splitter & a DiSEqC switch so that i can just switch between the 2 boxes as i know that you can not use a normal splitter
i was thinking of using a DiSEqC switch but i am not sure if they work in reverse like 1 sat to 2 receivers :confused:
Thanks in advance

regards norm

DaMacFunkin
09-03-14, 11:19
I dont know about that mate, but it seems a waste to have a multi lnb on a motorised dish, only one can control the motor, which means the other feed will always have to watch a channel from the current sat, i have a fixed sat and a motorised for my two boxes.

marty
09-03-14, 11:22
I dont know about that mate, but it seems a waste to have a multi lnb on a motorised dish.

Not at all :p