PDA

View Full Version : My story with WoS...

northernmonkey
08-03-14, 18:34
Some of you may have seen posts regarding a Gigablue quad that I had, was rebooting etc. Anyway, it ended up being returned to Stef, who replaced the motherboard as he was unable to even get a picture from the HDMI slot. This was returned to me the next day after he received it, great service!

Thing is, when the new one turned up, it wouldn't connect to the internet! I tried everything, new routers, different cables, everything...

I emailed Stef late last night, with what I can only describe as the raging 'ump. Stef answered me professionally and courteously this morning and as I'm not too far away (1h30m) I drove up there (he put himself out to meet me as he's not normally open on a Saturday)

Stef plugged my box in, and it worked! Grrr, however upon further investigation it would seem that it didn't have a MAC address which is why it probably wouldn't connect to my router. Stef tried flashing a MAC onto it but it wasn't having none of it.

He ended up exchanging my box for me (now a Solo 2). Again, great service as he could've sent it off for repair to Germany!

The moral of this story? Well, I can't tell you just how professional Stef is with his business despite at one point me being fairly p***ed off, and he put himself out loads to ensure his customer was looked after.

If you're looking at buying and thinking you could get a better deal elsewhere, read this and think again.

The reason this forum is here is because of him, and the back up support you'll get from him is second to none.

On a personal level, thank you Stef!

duoduo
09-03-14, 08:57
Nice story mate, thank you for sharing this with us all. I have had 2 boxes from Stef now and a few of my friends also and the service is second to none. This is the reason why we have confidence in pointing new members of the forum to WOS for all their satellite requirements. Well done Stef and team..

Maxwell
09-03-14, 11:05
thread closed other discussion moved here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36090-Sale-of-Goods&p=273184#post273184