PDA

View Full Version : usb slot

ifearnobeer
07-03-14, 18:29
Is there a command to enable/disable the usb slot.I have tried to flash an image loads of times using different usb stix but the sf8 just loads normally with tv channels.I have also gone into the image manager set-up and tried to change location from..../flash/hdd to /flash/usb using the arrow buttons but it will not change from hdd it seems to not recognise the usb slot.i have been using the vix tutorials with the latest flash and i have a octogon sf8.Any suggestions.Thanks.

abu baniaz
07-03-14, 19:37
The USB slot is checked during bootup, so no need for code.

What format is the USB drive in, exfat or fat32? Try reformatting it with the tool mationed in guide or use a different one.

ifearnobeer
07-03-14, 20:42
It' formated with fat32,i've also downloaded the format tool recomended by vix.I'll try all different formats and see what happens.Thanks

abu baniaz
07-03-14, 20:50
Only fat32 will work if flashing by USB. You would be better off trying another stick.

You can transfer an image to /media/hdd and install through image manager if you wish to.

Rob van der Does
07-03-14, 21:15
Make sure you use a small stick (4 or 8 GB, or smaller).

cactikid
07-03-14, 21:26
i use a kingston 8gb for flashing all my boxes,cheap chinese ones may not work.

ifearnobeer
11-03-14, 19:31
All sorted.I bought a kingston sick and have just flashed the new zeus image.Thanks for all your help.