PDA

View Full Version : esata raid drive

madian
07-03-14, 00:22
Hi I'm looking to get a new duo2. Soon and I have an external raid drive with various connections on. its currently connected to my TV via USB and configured as 4x 1tb HDDs as my TV will not access it as a single 4tb drive will the duo2 access this via esata (for increased speed) I have it formatted as NTFS as it has several large video files on most in excess of 4gb so fat32 is out of the question I'd really prefer to use it as a single drive so I can keep all my files together rather than spread across several drives

Rob van der Does
07-03-14, 09:45
NTFS is not a native Linux format and hence it will not provide optimal support.
Bets would be to format the HDD's into Ext4, which can be done by the box. But I'm not sure if one big 4TB HDD (as you seem to have it set up) will be properly supported.

If you want to stick to NTFS you should make sure that NTFS drivers are on your box. Some images have that by default, on some you have to install them.

marty
07-03-14, 10:28
Using raid with USB. What a waste.
Better off with a HDD fitted or use NAS.

madian
07-03-14, 11:15
Don't want to use use want to use the esata connection on the box I'm using use at the moment as it's the only way to connect to my TV

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
07-03-14, 11:26
But the TV can see both an internal and an external HDD of your STB. Either via LAN, or you can play files via the STB.

madian
24-03-14, 22:33
Got my duo2 but can't get it to see all the drives it only finds the first disk in bay 1 but none of the others. My TV sees all 4 drives as does my PC is this likely a driver issue or a vix issue? Doesn't matter if I connect by esata or USB its the same

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk