PDA

View Full Version : HP A867 DVB-T USB on Vu+ Solo2

Search40
06-03-14, 14:55
I Purchased above USB Tuner for Vu+ Solo2, it is made by HP, believed to be the same with Avermedia A867, and this what i was told from the Man from Hong Kong, he told me is the same with Avermedia A867, been trying now 2 days to install this on my Vu+ Solo2 with not Success, i managed to get working fine on my Lap Top, but it seems not possible on Linux, Tested with:
Blackhole, Open Pli, and VIX, nothing their seems to be problem with Scanning Channels, and the Tuner Seems to be Unstable, Does any one else has this USB, and have done tests if this is the same 100% with Avermedia A867, i am worried this maybe not the same thing, or to patch the drivers for this to work with Linux, Thanks.

DaMacFunkin
07-03-14, 20:01
this what i was told from the Man from Hong Kong
Mmm, really?

weirskynet
07-03-14, 22:53
Think u been duped !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search40
08-03-14, 09:23
Yes i was told it works 100% with Dreambox-Vu+, Linux in General, i been told now in other forum, that this is USB does not work with Linux, It has the same Chipset with Aver Media A867, but HP has changed this to work only with Windows, it is very Good Quality Item, but seems to be problem with Linux, is there way to Fake the ID of this USB or to patch the Drivers, so it maybe works with Linux, if some one has deep knowledge about this, and can help me please advise, in the end, if nothing works, i will send item back to seller, it will cost me the shipping fee, bought the item on Ebay, Thanks.

Walt
08-03-14, 09:28
Sometimes it's best to admit defeat and buy the item you should have bought in the 1st place. If you've been told it won't work by people more knowledgeable than yourself then I'd accept the advice if I were you.

Search40
08-03-14, 09:47
Sometimes it's best to admit defeat and buy the item you should have bought in the 1st place. If you've been told it won't work by people more knowledgeable than yourself then I'd accept the advice if I were you.

Yes true what you say, but i have read on other forums that maybe possible to fake the id, and patch the drivers for DVB-T USB, because the Chipset is the same, and it kind of works but not well, for example it Recognize the Tuner as Aver Media A867, but it has problem scanning channels, etc, so that give some kind of hope, if did not work at all with Linux, it should not been Recognized?, trying little more for me is ok, if some one that know more can help me further, Thanks.