PDA

View Full Version : Clone vu+ duo ?

gymrat
05-03-14, 17:33
Hi all
Just bought a vu+duo but been reading about cloned units, and am now wondering if mine is genuine.
It has vix version 3.0 installed hope that's right, I read a that clone wouldn't be able to update to the latest version only a genuine duo would.
But on the other hand inside the box when delivered was the circuit board and cable, don't know what the name of them are.

Is this the latest version of vix out at the moment and if so does that prove mine is genuine?
Thanks.

judge
05-03-14, 17:39
If it came with a circuit board and cable, certainly sounds like a clone.
Was it sold to you as an original? If so, I'd be returning it.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 17:41
Hi sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, but i was driving at the time.

any way by the sounds of it you have a clone ( the cable and printed circuit board ) as these are never shipped with genuine units, only clones.

can you upload a photo of the cable to be sure ?, also did the receiver have a sticker pointing to a web address for so called "safe images".

gymrat
05-03-14, 17:43
Yes 100% original. I payed £200 without the HDD. I asked the seller about it being a clone and he said the only way to know is to update to latest version of vix..he said try it and find out for yourself. Don't know how to take that!

Larry-G
05-03-14, 17:45
Your seller is either being purposely misleading or he does not know what he's talking about. can you upload a photo of the cable and circuit board please, this will allow us to say with certainty if the unit is a clone or not.

gymrat
05-03-14, 17:46
No, no sticker except a little one on the back saying v3.2
I'll try and upload a pic of the cable
Thanks

Larry-G
05-03-14, 17:47
Thanks

Thats a clone then mate, only clones come with such stickers on them as it designates it's security chip version.

judge
05-03-14, 17:49
Yes 100% original. I payed £200 without the HDD. I asked the seller about it being a clone and he said the only way to know is to update to latest version of vix..he said try it and find out for yourself. Don't know how to take that!
He's ripping you off & ofcourse he knows if it's a clone or not, he bought it originally...

Thanks
Definitely a clone, return it.

marty
05-03-14, 17:50
Where did you buy it from and how did you pay for it?

gymrat
05-03-14, 17:56
Oh great, trying to upload the cable pic, screen just greying out when I try to upload

gymrat
05-03-14, 17:58
Bought it from a bloke on eBay used a credit card.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:01
I'd contact your credit card company then mate because this seller has sold you illegal counterfeit goods.

gymrat
05-03-14, 18:13
I'm txting the guy now, he's telling me to download an official app called vu player and use my phone as a remote to the box, he said a clone won't let me do that.
Is he fobbing me off?
Is there anything you can suggest I ask him?

judge
05-03-14, 18:16
Yes, he's fobbing you off & spouting utter rubbish.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:17
I'm txting the guy now, he's telling me to download an official app called vu player and use my phone as a remote to the box, he said a clone won't let me do that.
Is he fobbing me off?

Mate dont believe him, the fact that the receiver has a v3.2 sticker on the back and came with a rs232 cable with a printed circuit board means that it is absolutely 100 percent a clone. Genuine receivers simply do not come with these, he's trying to con you. if he's so adamant that it's genuine send him a link to this thread so he can explain him self.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:18
Is he fobbing me off?

p.s Vu+ player will work on clones and original receivers just fine, plain and simply he's lying to you.

Maxwell
05-03-14, 18:20
name and shame him

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:21
While your at it please post the link to his sales thread on ebay here too.

thanks.

marty
05-03-14, 18:22
You cans till complain to ebay ;)

gymrat
05-03-14, 18:26
Ok I'm asking him to come on here

garyblas
05-03-14, 18:27
put a complaint into ebay and paypal immediately. Tell them sold counterfeit goods. And contact your card supplier to stop the payment

garyblas
05-03-14, 18:28
Ok I'm asking him to come on here

whats his ebay ID?

marty
05-03-14, 18:29
Ebay item number?

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:34
As the above guys have said, your seller is intent on ripping you off with illegal counterfeit goods, so bypass him all together, lodge a complaint / claim against him with both paypal and your credit card company. also please list the ebay item number here so i can have a look at his sales thread.

Thanks.

garyblas
05-03-14, 18:34
Get your money back and buy from WOS sponsor same deal is £205 with voucher

gymrat
05-03-14, 18:45
I tried to buy it now but he said he'd sold that one but I could pay him via paypal, which is what I did as his feedback is excellent. What I'm saying is it didn't go through eBay.
Sorry for delay, kids in, cooking dinner!

Larry-G
05-03-14, 18:53
I'd still contact your credit card provider, he has sold you illegal goods as genuine.

please once again post the link to his ebay sale it will allow us to see how he's listing the item, so if he's selling clones as genuine goods etc you may have more chance of getting your money back.

gymrat
05-03-14, 18:57
I'm looking for one of his listings but can't seem to find one now...can't even remember his eBay name, but I payed my money to D2D
Don't know if that helps

garyblas
05-03-14, 18:58
As you bought through PayPal you can still raise a dispute. Does not have to go through eBay. On dispute tell them sold illegal / counterfeit goods. They will refund you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
05-03-14, 19:00
ok mate, i removed his email address, i still think you need to contact your credit card provider, this guy has sold you illegal goods that could be potentially dangerous ( clone Vu+ Duo's are know for overheating issues ), certainly not something i would want in a house hold where kids sleep, for safety reasons.

gymrat
05-03-14, 19:00
Ok, I've just asked him about returning it, he hasn't got back to me yet.
Sorry about address

marty
05-03-14, 19:02
As you bought through PayPal you can still raise a dispute. Does not have to go through eBay. On dispute tell them sold illegal / counterfeit goods. They will refund you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What his said ;) do it now :D

Larry-G
05-03-14, 19:07
The thing is mate it's time you just bypassed this guy all together and took it directly to paypal and your credit card supplier, he's ripped you off and by the sounds of it is not likely to give your money back.

gymrat
05-03-14, 19:45
Yes he don't want to refund me..he said send the box back and I'll see what I can do, I don't like the sound of that..he keeps saying it's not a clone..I said there are to many discrepancies not to be.
Wish I could find his eBay name, I'll keep searching.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 19:52
Dont believe him mate, only clones come with stickers designating version numbers and the rs232 cable / Printed circuit board combo. just bypass him all together, report him to paypal and your credit card company. and because he's being a dick i'd also ring trading standards too, that will put him in his place.

gymrat
05-03-14, 20:14
If I report him to my credit card company, won't they ask me to prove it's a counterfeit before refunding me? How do I do that?

Larry-G
05-03-14, 20:17
I'm sure there are ways to do that, you could try contacting the official uk distributor for Vu+ or direct them to this forum etc.

gymrat
05-03-14, 20:21
He just txt me and said if I pay to return it he will refund me...obviously I don't trust him now, but it will be a lot less hasstle and time consuming than reporting him to paypal/credit card.
What do you think?

garyblas
05-03-14, 20:23
Whilst you umming and thinking about it get onto paypal now and raise dispute.
As soon as its raised he will have the payment frozen and he wont get your money.

If you try through your card they will tell you to try resolve through paypal first.
I know this through experience

Dont delay

Just saw your last post, i would still raise it with paypal that way your covered.
He dont want you to report it so he gets paid.

Report it now

Maxwell
05-03-14, 20:27
I sincerely hope that the payment was not done as a Paypal gift because if it was you are screwed as paypal offers no protection for gift payments

gymrat
05-03-14, 20:28
Think it's too late for paypal to freeze money, I bought it from him 3 days ago.

garyblas
05-03-14, 20:30
Its not too late ... I think you have 14 days before they pay and they can recall money too.
But you must raise the dispute you got nothing to loose

gymrat
05-03-14, 20:37
Oh I didn't know that, but again what if they ask me for proof that it's a counterfit. I read earlier that someone else on the forum reported a counterfeit box to paypal they asked for proof, he got in touch with vu and they didn't want to get involved, paypal asked him to take it to an expert for proof.

garyblas
05-03-14, 20:46
The fact that it has a sticker on it and the cable RS232 cable is proof.

What i would do is raise the dispute with paypal, this only starts the process and freezes the funds.
Tell them that it is a counterfeit box due to sticker and cable and experts you spoken too have told you so.
Tell the seller you have reported it to Paypal
Tell seller you want full refund.
Email Vu if you want and tell them you bought a box , but want to know what the RS232 cable is for. I would expect Vu to write back telling you have bought a clone box

Or go down the route that goods are faulty, ie. will not flash official image

Martincape
05-03-14, 20:49
Good idea that pal!!

gymrat
05-03-14, 20:53
Ok thanks very much all for you brilliant help.

gymrat
07-03-14, 18:27
Hi all
just to update you, the seller asked me if I wanted to return the box, so I did so as I thought it would be a lot quicker to get my money back so I could buy another rather than go through PayPal/credit card route.
I have just received a full refund from him.
So going to get the vu duo from WOS now.

Thanks all for your help and patience.

manicscrewdriver
07-03-14, 19:23
If you can find his ebay username it would be appreciated as it may well stop others falling into the same trap. Even a location will be better than nothing. To be honest its always a risk buying stuff that has been known to be cloned off ebay anyway.

Nano

gymrat
07-03-14, 19:42
I'm still looking mate don't worry. ? Im trying My best to out him as you say to stop others falling for his bull.

gymrat
07-03-14, 20:15
T (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLOUD-IBOX-2-Linux-Enigma-2-IPTV-Media-player-7-Day-EPG-2-USB-PORTS-/251438792389)he seller is open-source-software based in Bradford

sorry did something wrong.

gymrat
08-03-14, 11:11
Looking at vu duo on WOS bit unsure about firmware to pre install.. What is the difference between official Vix+ and vix team?
Thanks

Larry-G
08-03-14, 11:29
The official image as supplied by Vu+ is as basic as they come, it's very drab and clunky in my opinion, ViX on the other hand is more customized and tailored towards the users needs, you can ask for any image to be installed and install any other you'r self at a later date.

gymrat
08-03-14, 12:03
Ok thanks again phoenix. So choose vix team yes?

Larry-G
08-03-14, 12:07
I'm bias mate, but yes i would say go for ViX to start with, it is in my opinion the best image for the novice and expert alike, but you will have to be the ultimate judge of that for your self.

gymrat
08-03-14, 12:18
Ok ill go for that, cheers mate

BubbleBalls
08-03-14, 13:10
No Vu Duos are listed on the sellers eBay page😀

Tapatālker

gymrat
08-03-14, 15:52
*This Auctions is for*Brand New VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR Linux 2x Dvb-s/s2 recieverComes with latest VIX Image, UK channel list and following pluginsTsmediaIPTV Updater1channel1IcefilmsCrossEPGBBC iplayerItv PlayerMedia PlayerOpenwebifRatspicon* ** ** **Auto Bouquets 28.2E*and much moreChannels*list installed aswell!!!*
This was the the write up on on of his duo, s from a couple of weeks ago, perhaps he's had to many returned.

garyblas
08-03-14, 19:05
The seller is at it again on ebay... Item number

251470140803 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Solo2-Solo-2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S-S2-HD-Linux-Satellite-Receiver-PVR-Ready-/251470140803?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Recei vers&hash=item3a8cc9d583)

Larry-G
08-03-14, 19:24
well at least this time he has listed it as a clone, not a genuine unit. not that it makes any difference.

stevejd2001
08-03-14, 20:20
keep clicking on report post as a counterfeit item and his listing will get pulled

Philjobooboo
10-03-14, 13:28
Same seller I bought my 1st duo from, sent it back as it was a clone refunded all fees including return postage

Larry-G
10-03-14, 14:03
so his initial claims of the receiver being genuine were knowingly false ?, says a lot about his character then.

garyblas
10-03-14, 14:13
well I for one reported it to Ebay as fake. Still on there thou.

Larry-G
10-03-14, 14:18
well I for one reported it to Ebay as fake. Still on there thou.

same here.

marty
10-03-14, 14:20
Ebay don't give two ****s as long as they get their commission, loads of people selling "gifts" too :eek:

gymrat
11-03-14, 19:19
I've reported him aswell.

gymrat
11-03-14, 19:44
Do I need to keep the USB stick plugged into box while using crossepg always?
Struggling with a few set up problems with the new duo. Running vix

Larry-G
11-03-14, 19:55
how have you set the EPG up ?, I'd recommend using the HDD for the EPG.

Andy_Hazza
11-03-14, 19:55
Hi Gymrat,

I highly recommend you setup a swap file and save the epg to the hdd.

Regards

gymrat
11-03-14, 20:03
Umm to be honest I've been messing about with the duo since this morning, and can't for the life of me remember how I set up the epg now. And i still have a sky box, so the misses made me put my new baby box away for the night!
Why do you recommend using HD then..I'm reading up on set up but it's so confusing.

marty
11-03-14, 20:06
And i still have a sky box, so the misses made me put my new baby box away for the night!

:eek: I guess she wears the trousers :p

gymrat
11-03-14, 20:14
Nooooo, well yes

Larry-G
11-03-14, 20:39
There is a tutorial to help with setting up the EPG available from the guides and tutorials section on www.openvix.co.uk. it's a little out of date at the moment but it will show you how to setup for 28.2 east aka sky uk.

gymrat
11-03-14, 21:03
Hi phoenix
Can't seem to find the guides section, I've click on vu duo Then nothing, unless it's because I'm using an iPad perhaps?

Larry-G
11-03-14, 21:05
Here you go mate.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

gymrat
11-03-14, 21:11
Oh that's better, thanks again mate.

Andy_Hazza
11-03-14, 21:31
EPG is fine set to HDD. You might be confusing yourself to picons? Picons need to be on a usb. :thumbsup:

gymrat
12-03-14, 13:09
Yes possibly, it is really confusing starting up as you know, just got in from work so it's operation how the hell does the box work afternoon. Cheers andy

gymrat
12-03-14, 13:40
how have you set the EPG up ?, I'd recommend using the HDD for the EPG.

Yes I've set it up as /media/HDD
But on the guide phoenix showed me, it says set it to USB ??

Larry-G
12-03-14, 14:08
The EPG is fine being saved to either the HDD or a USB stick

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

gymrat
12-03-14, 14:43
Ok great..been reading how to install picons but don't understand, I've downloaded a picon plugin and then asked me where to install either HD or internal flash..saved it to Hd is this correct?
Then I restarted the box but got nothing showing, what am I doing wrong?

Larry-G
12-03-14, 15:22
Picons should be saved to the flash or a USB stick. If they are saved to the HDD it can add upto 6 seconds lag to channel zapping times as the HDD has to spin up every time you change channel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

gymrat
12-03-14, 15:31
Ok, how can I delete them from the Hd now then to stop that?

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 15:34
Well, as you installed an ipk you can also de-install it.

gymrat
12-03-14, 15:45
Ok found it, thank you reinstalled to internal flash and rebooted but still not showing

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 15:50
Then either the folder used is not '/picon' or the picons don't have the correct names.

Why don't you install one from the feeds? Ocram SHD white no padding is a tip!

gymrat
12-03-14, 15:54
Not sure what you mean by feeds..I downloaded plugins in the box, and installed from there. Is that correct?

Maxwell
12-03-14, 15:57
yes thats what rob means, have you rebooted fully since you installed them ?

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 15:58
A reboot shouldn't even be needed: picons show up as soon as they are in place (after a zap).

Maxwell
12-03-14, 16:01
A reboot shouldn't even be needed: picons show up as soon as they are in place (after a zap).
Yes I know but he has deleted them from the HDD before downloading to flash so its possible the image is still looking at the HDD

Rob van der Does
12-03-14, 16:08
The image always looks at/in all /picon folders on all devices.
So even when there are multiple (even empty) folders: as long as one folder contains the correct picon it will show.

And for that reason you can even use multiple folders if you want to.

gymrat
12-03-14, 16:36
Shall I try another plugin?

gymrat
12-03-14, 16:40
I just installed is oscram SHD and it worked a treat, thanks again lads.

gymrat
12-03-14, 17:17
Been reading on how to install 1channel, I keep coming up with this.

File goes into usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

What file are they talking about? Where do I download 1channel? Do I have install that folder into the box?
Sorry to be a pain, but I just don't get it.