PDA

View Full Version : vu+ solo2 arrives today. but bit worried

boysheff
05-03-14, 13:01
hello

I've been waiting sometime for my solo2 and today I'll be receiving it at some point. very new to these boxes and idiot when is come to flashing etc, so please be patient.
as this was ordered from WOS, it comes pre-flashed with Vix image and wanted to know a few things.

1. as its pre-flashed with vix, do I need to install bootloader or not?
2. once hard drive is fitted, do I need to format it or will it auto work, or do I need to do something to get it o work?
3. any guides on next steps from here.

cheers

ronnie11
05-03-14, 14:37
Hope you get it, Mine should been delivered yesterday but driver went to wrong house so hopeing today now cost me two half day's off work.

Sicilian
05-03-14, 14:52
hello

1. as its pre-flashed with vix, do I need to install bootloader or not?
2. once hard drive is fitted, do I need to format it or will it auto work, or do I need to do something to get it o work?
3. any guides on next steps from here.

cheers

1) No need to flash bootloader, only if ever VU+ release a new bootloader.
2) You need to initialise it if fitting your own, menu > setup > system > storage devices.
3) helpful guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

Finally moved to the correct section.

Larry-G
05-03-14, 15:15
There are also more tutorials in the guides and tutorials section on www.openvix.co.uk

chrcoluk
05-03-14, 15:26
its a little confusing to a new user for sure.

after 2 days of playing I got my box I feel working pretty well.

Think its brilliant I can stream to my pc.

boysheff
05-03-14, 15:38
1) No need to flash bootloader, only if ever VU+ release a new bootloader.
2) You need to initialise it if fitting your own, menu > setup > system > storage devices.
3) helpful guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

Finally moved to the correct section.

Brill. thank you all