PDA

View Full Version : Faulty batch?

northernmonkey
04-03-14, 20:11
I've been having 2 days of trouble with my quad randomly rebooting (different images etc etc) and came across a post on another forum stating there's possibly a faulty batch...

Does anyone know anything about this?

Larry-G
04-03-14, 20:16
There are a few posts on this forum about a possible faulty batch although i dont tend to keep up with Gigablue developments as i dont own one.

short360uk
04-03-14, 20:20
Yes I had one that was doing it mainly when recording got it from XXXXXXXXX when I told him he said there was a bad batch goin round and refunded my money. Got another from Germany and no problems at with it had it 3 weeks now

northernmonkey
04-03-14, 20:25
If I get to that stage, there's no way I'd get another. This has really dampened my spirits with it. :-(

short360uk
04-03-14, 20:31
Yeah it did me but now I've got a working a one it's a great box. There have stopped production of them now anyway. There is a gigablue quad plus coming out in it place any time soon

krissjas
28-03-14, 20:44
Yeah it did me but now I've got a working a one it's a great box. There have stopped production of them now anyway. There is a gigablue quad plus coming out in it place any time soon

dont think they stopped them completely, my mate just bought one with 2014 manufacture date. thought I got a 'bad batch' too, like 'skippie' said, serial nomber starts with YAD1309 but no mate, its just a matter of 'polishing' the right software to it, thought I would have to send it back, been frustrated and lastly almost killed the box but a chap from german forum helped me to get it back from hell :) been having random restarts, couldnt record without a freeze and that sort of things, now it runs so smoothly, wouldn change it for nothing else :thumbsup:

nsw9154
28-03-14, 21:28
that's one of the reasons i decided not to carry on and wait for a new Batch of Quads when they were out of stock, so i bought the Solo2 instead and it only cost me an extra 30euros and i am glad that i did :D

steveharman
11-04-14, 17:59
But I bet you miss the peace & quiet of a fan-less Quad! :-)

Bliss now I've moved from a Solo 2 to GigaBlue. And yes - I could hear the Solo's fan!! :-)