PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

asherz_t
03-03-14, 20:50
Hi Guys,

Need your help and advice

Im going to be moving soon and looking to a Linux Receiver

I ideally want just Virgin broadband with a single feed which im going to split.

What type of box can I get to view all channels, will broadband alone be enough to enable it to run?

Thanks
Ash

cactikid
03-03-14, 22:07
for buying a sat box you will need a sat dish and any bb provider,what you are describing sounds like a cable box you want to run on vm bb which can be done but not on this forum as its mainly sat receivers and maybe iptv boxes?:D

asherz_t
03-03-14, 22:51
for buying a sat box you will need a sat dish and any bb provider,what you are describing sounds like a cable box you want to run on vm bb which can be done but not on this forum as its mainly sat receivers and maybe iptv boxes?:D

Ahhh...Great -

So a broadband alone would do it?

I was under the impression that a VU Duo would work, didn't realise I needed a dish aswell.

cactikid
03-03-14, 23:00
any sat receiver needs a dish to receive the signal from sat and lan does the magic when you have the important bit inserted.

reknaw155
07-03-14, 02:57
I think he thnks they come as IPTV streams. If its pure internet you need a HTPC with XBMC on or somethng and setup some streams, new to dvbs myself though and your q;s I am after too

Rob van der Does
07-03-14, 08:03
Although most Linux boxes are also capable of handling IPTV these days.
But would be a secondary function rather than THE reason to buy a STB.