PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] EPG Channel list

Mikeysauce
03-03-14, 20:50
Hi, where does crossEPG get its channel listings from, transponders etc etc. I replaced my /etc/enigma2 satellites.xml with one that contains only good solid working channels and when I delete the epg.dat and repopulate it. I find that my epg is still containing data for some channels that are not broadcasting or are giving SID PID errors. The reason this is annoying is that I use the 'yellow button - search' command to find programs to add to my autotimer.

mikehunt43
03-03-14, 22:07
OPEN tv ie astra 28.2 gets its from the transponer rytec streams via the net

abu baniaz
04-03-14, 00:51
EPG and channel lists are two different things. It seems you are confusing the two.

Mikeysauce
04-03-14, 03:34
EPG and channel lists are two different things. It seems you are confusing the two.
Ironic. Best not to post if you aren't able to understand the problem.

The electronic program guide is generating the upcoming schedule for the television programs. When I press the yellow button to say 'which channels are currently broadcasting Coronation Street, mister EPG ?', it is returning that Coronation Street is on several channels which are no longer broadcasting.(STV HD, Certain ITV HD iterations) I do not have those channels in my bouquets, so I thought i'd post here for some help in removing the erroneous entries.

Rob van der Does
04-03-14, 06:05

Ironic. Best not to post if you aren't able to understand the problem.

Best not to answer like that if you want any help at all.

First of all: Abu is right: you do seem to confuse the two.
Secondly: if somebody (who is only trying to help) doesn't seem to understand your problem, you could wonder why that could be the case.....
So please make sure you post your issue in such a way that any reader can easily understand it without having to sit on the couch next to you.
You haven't even told us which image you use.
Reading your post I must say: confusing all over and not informative.

Rob van der Does
04-03-14, 06:12
Hi, where does crossEPG get its channel listings from, transponders etc etc.
Cross doesn't get any channel listings. Cross gets EPG data, and since you're not telling what your setup of Cross is, we can't say anything about epg-issues.

I replaced my /etc/enigma2 satellites.xml with one that contains only good solid working channels
Why would you do that? That file is only used for scanning. For tuning the box uses the lamedb.

....and when I delete the epg.dat and repopulate it.
You did stop Enigma2 before deleting the file?
And what do you mean by 'repopulating epg.dat'? That file is only written on closing Enigma.

abu baniaz
04-03-14, 06:45
EPG data is kept in RAM and as RVDD has said, it will be written to storage medium when receiver is shut down.

Might be an idea to put enigma to sleep with an init 4 telnet command, delete EPG.dat, restart receiver and download again. Will only help if you are using opentv as your source of epg data or if online based, if the host has updated the data.

Mikeysauce
04-03-14, 15:22
I apologise lads, I know you are just trying to help and I shouldn't have been rude.