PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Motor setup

Alsie50
03-03-14, 10:01
Hi hope someone can give me a bit of advice

setup is HH motor on tuner A been working ok but only setup to a couple of sats yesterday put up fixed dish to 28,2 for tuner B and tried to set up more sats on A and have messed it up duh!

A is set to advanced at moment but have tried all setting diseq/usals long/lat are right

B is set to simple/single/no pos

Everything is working through B no problem ABM / Cross EPG as it was with A before

If you use Usals which looks straight forward what is the start point for dish ie should the motor be pointing at a sat or set to 0

have looked through forum but can't seem to fine a complete walk through only little bits

Hope the make sense, at work at moment so can't try anything till tonight

Thanks Alan

stevejd2001
03-03-14, 11:22
after you have set up tuner A on usals with long/lat

in same menu area as tner config you will find "positioner setup"

toggle down to "goto"

press green button and this will zero your dish , assuming it was installed correctly for usals

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 11:40
Please state your build-number, so I can correct the entry '0' you made.

Alsie50
03-03-14, 12:42
Thanks

For Rob

Build is 3.0.3808 I put latest and it changed to 0 sorry

Steve

When you say installed correctly for Usals how do you mean ? this is where i must be wrong the dish was working fine with my DM800 so is it best to reset my motor and start again like the HH is new out of box if so am i right in thinking green button Zero the dish and make sure dish is then points at 0 degrees? it will then find sats on it own if they are in my xml file?

Cheers Alan

stevejd2001
03-03-14, 13:57
Thanks

For Rob

Steve

When you say installed correctly for Usals how do you mean ? this is where i must be wrong the dish was working fine with my DM800 so is it best to reset my motor and start again like the HH is new out of box if so am i right in thinking green button Zero the dish and make sure dish is then points at 0 degrees? it will then find sats on it own if they are in my xml file?

Cheers Alan
Alan- yes this will reset to datum position

Alsie50
03-03-14, 14:02
Cheers Steve

Will give it a whirl tonight an rip some more hair out..

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 14:09
For Rob

That's because 'latest' is no build number and 'why we added the specific instruction 'Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER.

abu baniaz
03-03-14, 15:07
When using USALS, you can align dish on any satellite. The position is calculated, so does not matter which one you start on. That is if it has been installed correctly. Obviously makes life easier to start on a strong one.

If it was tracking correctly using Diseqc motor controls, then whole assembly needs slight movement on pole.

Alsie50
03-03-14, 15:57
Abu i was thinking about what i had assumed earlier because i have south facing dish so 0 degrees is in fact north facing and 180 is south

So factory reset HH motor

Sat positioner/Green button go to 0

My lat/long are correct

what is next

I'm thinking point the dish at 180 due south with it still on zero then step it 1 degree to 1 West and the rest should fall in if they are in my xml file true ?

Am i anywhere near ?

Cheers Alan

abu baniaz
03-03-14, 17:25
I dont understand the meaning/implication of your first statement. It does not matter where you are, sout or north of the equator USALS will work out everything.
What matters is that you put in your co-ordinates correctly. i.e don't mixup east/west or or north/south

Anyway, what you should do is transfer a channel list to you receiver if you haven't got a list channels already. Select a chanenl, the dish will be moved to the calculated position. Using the signal meter in the image, a standalone meter or app on phon such as dreamdroid/Vu+ player, you will be able to see the signal quality. Press on one side of the dish, you will see if the signal improves. Loosen the fixing holding the whole assemply to the bracket/pole on the wall. Slowly move whole assemply so that you get maximum readings.

Please do not adjust the dish. Please do not adjust the elevation on the motor. The only adjustment to make is the whole assembly around the pole.

Check a few more sats. Tighten up when satisfied.

Alsie50
03-03-14, 18:54
Thanks Abu think i understand will give it a go

Alsie50
04-03-14, 09:22
Update

Thanks for advice folks

but looks like all of my troubles are to do with my dish motor tried to reset it last night and the reset button is not in there any more,what ever operated it must have corroded away also the east west button is so hit and miss i can't get a quick double press to move west/east.
Been up 10 years does that sound about right?
Time to visit WoS for a new one

Cheers for now Alan