PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 stucked and i see "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player"

albgen
02-03-14, 23:40
Dear All,

i have a Vu+ Duo2 and i have some problems with it. It worked only for one day and than i decided to flash it with the latest image.
I have downloded the latest image from the official webiste, followed the procedure and it finished succesfully.
The problem is the the decoder wont start. It is stucked and on the tv screen i see "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player" and it does not go further.

Pleas advise!
many thanks

garyblas
02-03-14, 23:52
Which official website. And where you buy box from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albgen
02-03-14, 23:56
Which official website. And where you buy box from

image from
http://code.vuplus.com/
store

garyblas
02-03-14, 23:59
Looks suspiciously like a clone site

albgen
03-03-14, 00:02

probably but on the website it is written that they are official seller for italy. Also a lot of people have bought on this website..
How to check if it is a clone?

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:10
Does it have a sticker on box with a website address?

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:12
Try loading Vix image from world of sat website

albgen
03-03-14, 00:13
No, no sticker with website address!

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:16
I just checked website. If you go to getting started you will find it says software is for clone box. I suggest you send box back and buy from official source. Unfortunately this forum cannot do any more for you as don't support clones

judge
03-03-14, 00:17
Does it have a sticker on box with a website address?

Don't think there are any Duo2 clones on the market as of yet?

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:24
Website does look suspicious. As said before try loading official Vix image

albgen
03-03-14, 00:24
I just checked website. If you go to getting started you will find it says software is for clone box. I suggest you send box back and buy from official source. Unfortunately this forum cannot do any more for you as don't support clones

link please. I dont understand what are you refering to..

albgen
03-03-14, 00:30
Website does look suspicious. As said before try loading official Vix image

they are official resellers even for dreambox.
https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/retailer_overview?field_region_value_many_to_one=E urope&field_country_value_many_to_one=All&field_city_value=&field_zip_value=&title=
search for cesarex in the list

i dont think its a clone. I think unfertunately i got a faulty device or i'm doing something wrong...
i will try tomorrow the vix image.

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:41
I hope it is official box. But image on the website you quoted looks strange and as I said it quotes as a clone

garyblas
03-03-14, 00:43
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/7uty3a9e.jpg. This is what website quotes ?

albgen
03-03-14, 00:49
Yes, so what is the problem there? There is nothing more than some git commands for the repo...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

finbarr
03-03-14, 00:53
Haha. "Git clone" simply does a checkout of the source code. Nothing to do with hardware. Albgen, try to install Vix and see how you get on...

albgen
03-03-14, 08:41
With the vix image the same problem. i dont see nothing on the tv screen except black screen.

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 08:50
image from
http://code.vuplus.com/
store

I have no idea why that looks suspicious to you.
Anyway: it's VU+'s official site.

albgen
03-03-14, 08:52
I have no idea why that looks suspicious to you.
Anyway: it's VU+'s official site.

my post was modified and the link of the website where i have bought the Vu+ was removed. He was refering to the link where i have bought the box.

btw,
any help please?

Alanp
03-03-14, 09:53
Have you updated the bootloader

Alanp
03-03-14, 11:54

See link below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29962-How-to-update-your-Vu-Duo2-bootloader&highlight=bootloader+Duo2

garyblas
03-03-14, 13:25
Did you setup your tuners correctly

albgen
03-03-14, 13:48

it has already the CFE 2.0. btw i can flash it again..but it is useless as per instruction on the official website

albgen
03-03-14, 13:51
Did you setup your tuners correctly

if you mean configurations, i think yes, but even if they were not setup correctly if i'm putting an image it will ask to setup again everything.
fyi the tuners were already installed pshisically on the box so i have not touvhed them.

garyblas
03-03-14, 14:22
if you mean configurations, i think yes, but even if they were not setup correctly if i'm putting an image it will ask to setup again everything.
fyi the tuners were already installed pshisically on the box so i have not touvhed them.

What i meant was when you installed Vix, you then need to tell tuners what to tune into i.e Astra 28.2E and what mode ie. Simple etc.
If this not setup you will only get a black screen as described.

Just a thought.

Alanp
03-03-14, 14:23
With the vix image the same problem. i dont see nothing on the tv screen except black screen.

Can you access the menu

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 14:27
i dont see nothing on the tv screen
That means you see everything :)

albgen
03-03-14, 14:32
What i meant was when you installed Vix, you then need to tell tuners what to tune into i.e Astra 28.2E and what mode ie. Simple etc.
If this not setup you will only get a black screen as described.

Just a thought.

i have installed the vix image. What i see is only black screen. I cant access menu or nothing. The decoder shows totally black screen!! Nothing else!!!

If i put an official image, i see on the screen only "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player" and it is stucked there!

albgen
03-03-14, 14:34
Can you access the menu

no nothing! totally black screen...
as written previosly If i put an official image, i see on the screen only "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player" and it is stucked there!

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 15:02
as written previosly If i put an official image, i see on the screen only "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player" and it is stucked there!
That means the box doesn't boot.
Do you have an internal HDD? If so, let the box run for half an hour or so. It is possible that something is wrong with the HDD (or that Linux thinks there is) and that a check is being carried out. That can take quite a while.
If you have no internal HDD, and are sure that no external devices are connected, then only a bootlog can shed some light. You would need a serial cable for that.

albgen
03-03-14, 15:06
That means the box doesn't boot.
Do you have an internal HDD? If so, let the box run for half an hour or so. It is possible that something is wrong with the HDD (or that Linux thinks there is) and that a check is being carried out. That can take quite a while.
If you have no internal HDD, and are sure that no external devices are connected, then only a bootlog can shed some light. You would need a serial cable for that.

No HDD installed! No other devices connected except the hdmi cable, power cable and lnb cable.
Suppose i have a serial cable. What to do? what program to use in order to get the bootlog data?

marty
03-03-14, 15:14
putty to get boot log

albgen
03-03-14, 15:22
putty to get boot log

linux is already booted in this phase or no? I'm asking this to understand if i connect with the LAB cable will get the ip address?

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 15:23
No, Linux doesn't boot in your case. The bootlog is specifically about the time before and during Linux boot.

albgen
03-03-14, 18:34
i have this serail cable http://www.ewent-online.com/index.php?language=en&page=product&categoryid=10&groupid=92&productid=1469
It is installed properly on windows and i see it as COM10.
I connect the VU with this cable and my computer but nothing. Can't even connect...
i'm so unlucky

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 18:56
Did you use a program like 'Putty'? You should open a putty-session and then power on the box.

albgen
03-03-14, 19:14
Yes with putty bu no sign of working. ..what are the settings? Bitrate, parity...etc

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 19:40
See screenie:

albgen
03-03-14, 19:52
it does not work...I press OK on putty but nothing happens.
i think even the cable is not working :(

Rob van der Does
03-03-14, 20:48
1- Make the settings, including the logging
2- give a name and save
3- double click on the saved name
now a text-window should open
4- Power on the STB

albgen
03-03-14, 20:57
1- Make the settings, including the logging
2- give a name and save
3- double click on the saved name
now a text-window should open
4- Power on the STB

with putty? how
thanks

stevejd2001
04-03-14, 08:45
Longshot but tried booting without the hdmi plugged in .....give it a few mins then plug back in
ive had a few instances where the duo dont like the tv. so gets suck on boot
Alternatively try in another tv

albgen
06-03-14, 08:29
Longshot but tried booting without the hdmi plugged in .....give it a few mins then plug back in
ive had a few instances where the duo dont like the tv. so gets suck on boot
Alternatively try in another tv

Nothing...
I have send it back to the reseller.

DaMacFunkin
21-03-14, 09:12
I know this thread is probably dead, but i recieved a newduo2 yesterday (not from the sponsor), and even though you could tell it was brand spanking new, it still had the old boot loader on it, flashed the new bootloader, then flashed zeus 005, on first boot it seemed to have crashed, (vix Spinner stopped spinning) for an age, i seemed to get it in my head it might be scanning the hard drive so i left it, about 20 mins later it unlocked and everything has been fine, everything installed and working :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
21-03-14, 10:39
First boot always takes a bit longer. No ages though....

albgen
21-03-14, 14:00
I'm still wating for the new or repared one. The reseller confirmed me that is not workibg properly

albgen
04-04-14, 19:50
They repaired the decoder...

DaMacFunkin
05-04-14, 06:23
Explain more please? Do you mean they swapped the tuners or they physically repaired something on the mainboard?

albgen
05-04-14, 08:06
They replaced the motherboard.

bellejt
05-04-14, 11:48
had teh same and did remove the USB stick on startup.Then started up fine and put usb back.Changed mount order and everything was working fine.If ther eis a directory movie on the USB stick it gives a problem.Talking on Vix 3.808.

DaMacFunkin
04-05-14, 16:50
I can confirm, this has now happened to my box, displays VU+ Your smart linux tv player on screen and doesn't go any further, tbh after getting over a few initial problems with the box it had worked fine, but this last week it has crashed 2 or 3 times, then on thursday night the mrs was watching it and it crashed, I powered it on and off and it just stuck, strangely the box will let you flash it from usb but it never goes any further than the splash screen, i was really busy at work on friday but managed to send the reseller an email, he didn't get back to me and i will be phoning him on tuesday morning, make no mistake... but in the meantime i have got a terminal readout from the box whilst trying to a) boot the box and b) flash then boot the box. It seems to suggest my flash is corrupt and it can't mount root fs in the correct sector which doesn't make sense as it is writing the firmware from usb?? I'm not suggesting that is what is totoally wrong with my box, ive only had it 6 weeks and have felt right from the start there was a stressed joint or something, but one problem at a time, if anybody would care to look and tell me what they think.
p.s. i was using Helios 010 at the time of the crash, but i have since tried Helios 013 and openpli (because betacentauri said something about it requiring a smaller kernel partition).
Thanks.

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 06:56
No one feel clever enough to help?
Please?

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 15:53
Nearly 80 views since yesterday and no comment?

bellejt
05-05-14, 16:30
did you try to reflash with a boot and afterworts the image ?

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 16:51
If you mean did i flash bootloader then flash image, yes i have done that as well.

bellejt
05-05-14, 17:25
I had the same problem.Reflashed with this bootloader : http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/VU%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo2/
Then just started box up again.After boot set box off with powerswitch and restarted with USB stick and installed openpli.Then reinstalled openvix and box was starting up fine.If this does not work I would send the box back because it's only 6 weeks old.
I had a simular problem with my optimuss OS1 and did the same thing.Got it also working again.

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 17:28
if you read the logs it clearly says the bad sector table is corrupt and it is trying to mount rootfs on a corrpted block, no matter what image i try.

bellejt
05-05-14, 17:38
then back to the seller is probably the only sollution.We have the same here with Cisco routers.If they say cookie corrupt its over.

Rob van der Does
05-05-14, 17:40
Nearly 80 views since yesterday and no comment?
Better no comments then 80 times 'I haven't the foggiest'.......

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 17:49
I'd prefer havn't got the foggiest tbh...
basically i need someway of the machine doing a low level format and fixing its tables, it is more than probable that this isn't possible, its just the line in the log "Please append a correct "root=" boot option" is giving me hope that it can be fixed without return...

judge
05-05-14, 18:01
I havn't got the foggiest.

Larry-G
05-05-14, 18:03

Me either.

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 18:05
Thanks for your honesty.

Rob van der Does
05-05-14, 18:11
I haven't got the foggiest.

bellejt
05-05-14, 18:12
I would just try to reflash again with bootloader on this site. Then put image and wait.This means to times flashing.If not working then contact seller and wait and see.Hopefully it becomes accessible for you.

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 18:16
Do you know of anybody who might?

DaMacFunkin
05-05-14, 18:20
I would just try to reflash again with bootloader on this site. Then put image and wait.This means to times flashing.If not working then contact seller and wait and see.Hopefully it becomes accessible for you.
Hello, i have tried all that many times, indeed a few weeks ago i did bring the box back to life by flashing Bootloader, then open pli... then vix so i know your advice is genuine, its just this is now different.. its going to be painful contacting the reseller and waiting for him to authorise rma, then send back and wait, if there is a chance i can fix it, obviously i would like that option.
p.s. what does this mean:- ERROR: MEMC1 reshmoo status = 80000008
?

Rob van der Does
05-05-14, 18:23
I haven't got the foggiest.

judge
05-05-14, 19:04
Do you know of anybody who might?

DaMacFunkin
06-05-14, 14:09
Just as an update to this, ive been on the phone to the reseller, and for some reason he wanted to know my config, even though the box wouldn't boot, so i told him that i'd had had it configured as a) motorised b)c)d) set to 28.2, he said that isn't right, if a) is motorised b) should be either second line of motorised or looped through, then 28.2 set on c)d), he basically said he was right and this is how they should be configured and might be why i've previously had problems? Is this right?
He also said vu boxes have a reputation for memory bleed and constant flashing finds them out...

cwebb66
06-05-14, 21:14
i have never heard of memory bleed on a duo 2 on the duo yes , but I belive that this is pot luck on the boxes , as for the set up of the tuners I cant help you there as I only have 2 on the duo

Larry-G
07-05-14, 01:40
Just as an update to this, ive been on the phone to the reseller, and for some reason he wanted to know my config, even though the box wouldn't boot, so i told him that i'd had had it configured as a) motorised b)c)d) set to 28.2, he said that isn't right, if a) is motorised b) should be either second line of motorised or looped through, then 28.2 set on c)d), he basically said he was right and this is how they should be configured and might be why i've previously had problems? Is this right?
He also said vu boxes have a reputation for memory bleed and constant flashing finds them out...

Never heard of any memory leak issues with any Vu+ receiver barring the original Duo and even then it was rare. Sounds like your seller may not know what he's talking about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

betacentauri
07-05-14, 22:54
@DaMacFunkin: Sorry, didn't see the pm.

UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 3: 0xf116c36b, not 0xf116c336
UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 0: 0xdfa5fcfb, not 0x56108247
UBI error: process_lvol: both volume tables are corrupted
UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd0

Ubi has 2 volume tables. Both seems to be corrupt on your system. This is why the bootloader/kernel don't want to mount your rootfs ubi filesystem. That's already strange. More strange is that a flashing of a new image don't work, because it writes new volume tables to the flash.
I have no idea why it don't work. Did you try to flash different images(ViX, OpenPli, openatv,...)?

bellejt
08-05-14, 12:17
I have 2 twintuners with 4 cables and setup as :
1 on DISECQ ABCD 13E + 19.2E +23.5E + 28.2E
2 on ROTOR USALS
3 on DISECQ ABCD NONE + 19.2E +23.5E + 28.2E
4 on DISECQ ABCD NONE + 19.2E +23.5E + 28.2E

Never had any problems with watching/recording FTA or coded channels.Even together on 4 different sats.

DaMacFunkin
08-05-14, 18:47
@DaMacFunkin: Sorry, didn't see the pm.

UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 3: 0xf116c36b, not 0xf116c336
UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 0: 0xdfa5fcfb, not 0x56108247
UBI error: process_lvol: both volume tables are corrupted
UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd0

Ubi has 2 volume tables. Both seems to be corrupt on your system. This is why the bootloader/kernel don't want to mount your rootfs ubi filesystem. That's already strange. More strange is that a flashing of a new image don't work, because it writes new volume tables to the flash.
I have no idea why it don't work. Did you try to flash different images(ViX, OpenPli, openatv,...)?
Yes i have tried them all, vix, vti openpli atv the latest official 2.1 etc, did you see the first line of the 4th paragraph where it states: ERROR: MEMC1 reshmoo status = 80000008

Ive reported to reseller and he said he would contact vu+ for me to send back for repair under warranty, but he hasn't replied to me yet, i will send an other email tomorrow and if i get no joy out of him i will contact vu+ uk directly and see what they say, and obviously moan about the reseller, i can't understand why he is dragging his feet...

DaMacFunkin
08-05-14, 18:56
p.s. the only thing i havn't tried is flashing the original bootloader to see if that fixes the bad block table, reason is because it has never been available for download so ican't find it anywhere, this box came with version 1 bootloader on, and it was just a thought that flashing that might force a table update.

bellejt
08-05-14, 19:00
http://www.luxsat.eu/forum/index.php?topic=45319.0

but you need to login.

betacentauri
08-05-14, 21:39
Yes i have tried them all, vix, vti openpli atv the latest official 2.1 etc, did you see the first line of the 4th paragraph where it states: ERROR: MEMC1 reshmoo status = 80000008

No, I didn't see it. Maybe a memory problem...
If the flash memory is the problem, there might be solution with cfe, but I wouldn't do that if you still have warranty.

If you have a serial cable you can try to enter cfe by pressing ctrl+c right after power on. According to this
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bootvorgang
you can make a memory test by typing memtest.

But as said before if you have warranty I would send it back to the reseller.

DaMacFunkin
09-05-14, 17:32
http://www.luxsat.eu/forum/index.php?topic=45319.0

but you need to login.

That link is for v2, its the original fresh from factory v1 i would like.

bellejt
09-05-14, 17:47
found thus also for the duo :

RE: Fix bootloaderhi mate, I had the same problem and sent box back to supplier and they came up with this fix. Switch the box off, on the rear side.
choose in putty for serial connect, speed must be set to 115200 and choose you`re comport.
Put the box on, when you`re connection is oke, you wil see some text scrolling over the putty screen.
Now use the ctrl + c key to stop the booting.
copy the following line in the screen:

boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

The box now reboot from the flash, so watch you`re box.
Then open telnet with dcc and put in the following line.

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

and after that the following line

reboot -f

Then you`re box is running again.

It may work for you, nothing beats a try.

If not working ,one good advice : sent it back !!!!!

DaMacFunkin
10-05-14, 07:31
Hi mate tried that a few days ago, pressing ctrl c doesn't seem to have any response during the short ill fated boot attempt, I may try again later with a USB stick inserted, maybe it will work at the wait point, but as betacentauri says it maybe a memory fault... I've always had a feeling that this box had a hardware problem (stressed joint) because of the random lock ups so maybe it can't be fixed without an engineer. I've sent an email directly to Vu+ uk last night telling them my problems, my reseller isn't answering my email or returning my calls, when I've got it fixed they are going to get a mega name and shame on every forum I can find and also amazon, eBay etc.....