PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 2nd box

catseye
02-03-14, 20:15
Hi guys

Im thinking of getting 2nd box for bedroom & have been advised to avoid clones at all costs

Any recommendations on a decent e2 box willing to consider one with single tuner to keep costs down

Cheers

cactikid
02-03-14, 21:54
new octagonsf8 another e2 box and can access hdd on other e2 boxes

Stanman
02-03-14, 23:02
Or TM nano and takes internal hdd

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
04-03-14, 06:33
Why use a tuner at all? A LAN-connection and a plugin like RemoteChannelStreamConvertor makes your box using tuners of the main box, as well as watching any recordings the server may hold. Very simple setup, any (second hand) box running any PLi-based image will do (even with a faulty tuner).

boxer29
08-03-14, 00:26
Why use a tuner at all? A LAN-connection and a plugin like RemoteChannelStreamConvertor makes your box using tuners of the main box, as well as watching any recordings the server may hold. Very simple setup, any (second hand) box running any PLi-based image will do (even with a faulty tuner).

want to try this can you explain this a bit more, any tutorial

judge
08-03-14, 00:37
want to try this can you explain this a bit more, any tutorial

Doubt there's any tutorial but it's a pretty simple set-up.
Install your preferred image.
Install the RemoteChannelStreamConvertor plugin, set-it up with IP of server box (working tuner) & generate the bouquets you want from that tuner/server.
You then borrow that working tuner from the server box using the generated bouquets when you use the plugin to watch TV.

boxer29
08-03-14, 03:51
Doubt there's any tutorial but it's a pretty simple set-up.
Install your preferred image.
Install the RemoteChannelStreamConvertor plugin, set-it up with IP of server box (working tuner) & generate the bouquets you want from that tuner/server.
You then borrow that working tuner from the server box using the generated bouquets when you use the plugin to watch TV.
which box you recommend for that just want to watch fta asian channels which are in sd
im currently using a slingbox hd to stream my downstairs box to my upstairs bedroom

Rob van der Does
08-03-14, 05:07
A slingbox sounds like a huge overkill. That is meant for upstreaming via internet.
A client-box can be almost any box; as long as the image used supports that plugin. So I would suggest to use a (cheap, secondhand, may even have a faulty tuner) box of your choice.

boxer29
08-03-14, 11:16
Yes I use it for watching box when out over the net

Will a cable dbox 2 work here
What image to use

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
08-03-14, 12:07
Sorry, I have no idea what a 'cable dbox 2' is.

bellejt
08-03-14, 12:24
I bought a Edision optimuss OS 1 for that.Works fine with PLI img awaiting for the openvix img for this box.A manual on how to do remote stream you can find on

www.transponder.nl
up/down jan 2014.Is in Dutch but use google to translate.Very easy to do.

marty
08-03-14, 12:34
Some say its more or less a TM-Nano

bellejt
08-03-14, 12:57
identical but openvix stays in loop on it.There is a team working on it.Should be a bootloader problem as they say.Box is much cheaper than TM nano and has 1 usb more on the backside.

Rob van der Does
08-03-14, 13:00
I bought a Edision optimuss OS 1 for that.Works fine with PLI img awaiting for the openvix img for this box.
Neither PLi nor ViX has an image for that box, nor plans to create one.

bellejt
08-03-14, 13:09
box is running fine here on openpli 3.0 as second box connected on VU+ DUO2 with openvix 3.808.

Larry-G
08-03-14, 13:20
Neither PLi nor ViX has an image for that box, nor plans to create one.

correct, but the guys on the support forum build their own images from source, technically there is a ViX image but we cant offer support for it as we have no way of knowing what has been modified in the image for it to run on this hardware.

Rob van der Does
08-03-14, 13:25
So that's indeed neither PLi nor ViX.
It's a home-brewed image based on PLi or ViX or .....
There's nothing against that, but the naming should be right (i.e. not 'PLi' or 'ViX').

bellejt
08-03-14, 13:27
ok right.Only there version off open pli works.The other version (or clone) from openvix stays in bootloop.

Rob van der Does
08-03-14, 14:05
ok right.Only there version off open pli works.The other version (or clone) from openvix stays in bootloop.
Then best ask them to fix that ;)

boxer29
08-03-14, 15:47
Sorry, I have no idea what a 'cable dbox 2' is.
Dbox 2 is a Linux box
Model DBox2
EAN 4019532036162
Functionality of the DVR TV Receiver

Technical Features
Broadcast Cable receivers, satellite receivers, satellite speakers
Compatible with Services DirecTV, Premiere
Audio-/video inputs 1 x RF (TV) x 1 Satellite
Audio-/video outputs 1 x analog audio, 1 x digital audio (optical)
Max Resolution 576p

Special
Additional connections Network (RJ-45), Serial

Dimensions
Width 38 cm (14.96 inches)

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

bellejt
08-03-14, 17:17
Rob, they are working on it but probably they will fix it for the newer version also.But with the openpli it is working fine.Can do everything from the box witch I can do with the VU+ in the living room.