PDA

View Full Version : Problems recording ITV HD

Martincape
01-03-14, 20:56
Hi guys,

Is anyone else having problems recording ITV HD? Last few times we have tried to record via an auto timer, it has recorded a file of 0:00 in length.

It shows it recording when it should, the rec icon is flashing during it, but it records nothing. It only happens on ITV HD too. Never happened on any other.

Any ideas?

geeebeee
01-03-14, 21:29
Hi mate. I spotted this problem this morning. If you do a blind scan of your satellite channels. There is a setting that clears the memory before doing the scan - make sure that's set to 'yes'.

ITV HD has moved transponders and that, I think, is where your problem is.

Gary

Martincape
01-03-14, 23:07
Yea I guessed that pal. Coz picon disappeared from it too so guessed it had moved. I just deleted the auto timer and set up again.

Is there a way that would update the auto timers is the transponder changes?

Larry-G
02-03-14, 16:37
please exorcise a little more care when posting threads for help, rite now this is in the guides section, sorry for being picky but this is not exactly a guide now is it ?.

I'll move it to the support section but in future such threads will just be locked.

Also when reporting issues we need a good deal more info from you in order to help, such as which receiver your using and the exact image and build number too, these are important details and without them were just guessing which helps no one.

Larry-G
02-03-14, 16:39
infact looking a little closer it seems that you make all your support requests in the guides section, i'll move them all now, in future i may lock the entire section as it is intended for guides and tutorials only. not live support requests.

Martincape
02-03-14, 16:40
No bother pal.

I use Tapatalk 95% of the time and it won't let me post in the support section as you need to put the different criteria into the headings. Ya can't do that on Tapatalk for some reason. Hence the posts in here :(

weirskynet
02-03-14, 18:16
All to do is if using tap talk then create new as normal in the support forum and supply he info as normal like image version etc

And inform reason why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martincape
02-03-14, 18:22
Won't let me post in there. I always get this error regardless of how long or what info is in the post. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/eha5e6yj.jpg

Rob van der Does
02-03-14, 18:48
Well, then don't use tapatalk if it doesn't work. The error is clear enough I think.
And certainly that can't be a reason to post in just a sub-forum .....

On topic: the answer is a simple 'no'.
All in E2 is about a service reference. As long as that stays in tact, all is well. But the frequency is part of the service reference, so as soon as that changes, there is no reference to the actual (new) service any more.
In short: if a service changes transponder, all (auto)timers and picons will have to be adjusted. There is no automated tool for that.

Martincape
02-03-14, 18:54
I would never use the forum if I didn't use Tapatalk. The laptop is hardly ever on. I'll just post to the Vix solo2 specific section as opposed to the Vix support sections.

Rob van der Does
02-03-14, 18:59
I would never use the forum if I didn't use Tapatalk.
So you're sincerely limiting yourself then.

Martincape
02-03-14, 19:30
Not really. I put the lappy on if I need to download anything. I don't really now. So as far as viewing photos and reading posts I don't miss anything.