PDA

View Full Version : SID not found in PAT afer update from yesterday

XeWonder
07-11-10, 15:06
Hi,

I'm getting SID not found in PAT after latest software update update.

For now it Crime HD.

did a full rescan and it shows twice under providers. However, I get SID not found on one and 2service unavailable" on the other.

What can I do? can I fix it myself? Just in case I get more...

XeWonder
07-11-10, 15:11
seen this thread http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3512-SID-Not-Found-In-PAT-Sky-Movies-Premier-Sky-Movies-Premier-1

but can not find the aswer...

any help apreciated... fairly new to this...

thanks

Stanman
07-11-10, 15:13
Not sure there a 24Hrs broadcaster? woul try later in the evening on the one that says sid not found. A full rescan should have picked up all the TP changes.

silverfox0786
07-11-10, 15:23
Crime HD goes off at night as stanman said try a rescan during a known time that crime hd is on then it should show i did a rescan in the day 2 days ago and all my channels are showing also remember to before doing the scan to update the satellite.xml file to latest one. var/etc

Larry-G
07-11-10, 15:36
remember to before doing the scan to update the satellite.xml file to latest one. var/etc

agreed. thats the bit a lot of people forget to do. i'd say a good habit to develop would be to generate a new satellites.xml file once a week just so you know every thing is as upto date as possible. and hopefully we can even come to the day that step is no longer needed when B16MCC is able to implement such procedures within his services DB software.

XeWonder
07-11-10, 16:04
Crime HD goes off at night as stanman said try a rescan during a known time that crime hd is on then it should show i did a rescan in the day 2 days ago and all my channels are showing also remember to before doing the scan to update the satellite.xml file to latest one. var/etc

Thank you guys. where do I get an updated satellite.xml? Can it be done through software update?

Thanks

Larry-G
07-11-10, 16:21
i know links are frowned upon here but this link is not to any other forum / web store so it should be ok.
to generate a satellites.xml file

http://www.satellites-xml.eu/

now bear in mind that you can only have one of these files on the box so it must contain the details for every satellite you want to receive and not just sky uk.

once done FTP it to your box in the following directory /etc/tuxbox/ over writing the original. then do a rescan

XeWonder
07-11-10, 21:38
Totally correct... after 8 it started working...

feel a bit like a knob....

Thank you guys.. at least I have an updated satellites.xml!

Larry-G
07-11-10, 21:56
Totally correct... after 8 it started working...

feel a bit like a knob....

Thank you guys.. at least I have an updated satellites.xml!

nahh dont worry about it. every one learns something new from time to time, and now you know how to sort it in future.