PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo Problem - DiSEqC Config and MgCamd Autostart

Conorooney
01-03-14, 11:12
Hi folks,

Always a great forum to read for tips and help and I usually find the answer somewhere in here without the need to post however this one I can't seem to find.

Problem 1: I have a dish set up on Hotbird 13.0 for Sky Italia and another separate dish for Sky UK. If I chose single tuner and 28.2E I get Sky UK and the same when I change the settings for Sky Italia on 13.0E. I decided to buy a DiSEqC yesterday to make life easier and tried setting it up. I'm running the latest VIX image btw. When I set up the Tuner for DiSEqC A/B and setup up A for 28.2E and B for 13.0E I couldn't see the satellites on Sat Finder and would get no channels back. It would say failed too when searching if I set to automatic.

It was a 4 way DiSEqC so I then selected A/B/C/D and still nothing. Everything looked to be wired and setup correctly but I can't seem to get it working. I switched it back to wiring each dish directly in, change the tuner config to single and I see full bars on the Sat Finder. No idea folks!

Problem 2: I have a workaround but I wouldn't mind getting help figuring it out. I've tried loads of VIX images and it keeps happening (but it doesn't happen on Blackhole or any other image). If I select MgCamd to autostart the box hangs. I can telnet into the box but just hangs. This is ONLY when I autostart. There is no crash log because it doesn't crash it just hangs. I have to reimage the box to fix it but I found that after it hangs I just delete usr/bin/mgcamd and also delete /ete/init.d/softcam.mgcamd and this fixes it. Has anyone experienced it. Perhaps something is wrong with the mg_cfg file.

Any help is appreciated! :)

abu baniaz
01-03-14, 16:47
How many diseqc switches have you got? What is the second tuner connected to? What have you set it as?

Download mgcamd from openvix.co.uk There is no need for scripts on the vix image. Use the configs that Mr Mister uploaded.