PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Having Problems Downloading TSmedia Enigma 2 oe2.0_5.0_all.ipk file

tinbin300
01-03-14, 07:59
I hope you can help me please,having problems with the TSmedia file when downloading .i get this error .

C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\enigma2-plugin-extensions-oe2.0-5.0-all[5]ipk The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

chaser
01-03-14, 08:55
It sounds as if you're trying to open the file on your PC after you've finished the download - or your computer is set to automatically try opening ipk files when the download is complete. You don't want to do this. You just want do download the file, then transfer it over to your box.

tinbin300
01-03-14, 10:02
Thank you for your reply m8,I am using chrome and WinRAR .When I click on the file to download it that's when I get the message,and then when I have the file and try to put file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions nothing shows up on the vu+duo.What is the best way of downloading the file please ,and then when its downloaded do i then put it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions .I have had no problem when I have downloaded the 1channel stand alone file,it transfers over to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions with no problem.

Larry-G
01-03-14, 10:14
you FTP the file to /tmp on the receiver then press the blue button> ViX> install local extension. you may also need to rename it to remove the [5] from the file name otherwise it wont install properly.

tinbin300
01-03-14, 10:28
I am now using internet explorer now, but when I try and download the file again. It only wants to download it, as a attachment.php, should it come down as a WinRAR file.