PDA

View Full Version : Vu+duo

fut1a
28-02-14, 16:22
Hi,

Complete newbie here sinking fast with all the info on the site so I was wondering if anyone could help me with some info.

I was looking to buy a skybox off fleabay to save myself a bit of cash each month, but heard that they would not have most of the functionality as my existing sky hd box. I would like to record something whilst watching another channel and I would like to have a 7 day epg.

Now I know I could just but a vu+box and put a drive in and flash this and that, but not knowing what the hell I am doing, I am daunted by all the how to guides so i thought would I be best buying the box below with the added bits and would it be a plug and play?

Is the wifi option on the box just used to connect to my router, or does it have any other uses, because if not? I could delete that option and just plug in my existing sky internet cable into the vu and save some cash.

Thanks in advance for any help.

VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Enigma2 Satellite Receiver
- Fitted HDD Options 1TB HDD 1-2days
- WiFi Options Tenda W150M WiFi N 1..
- Firmware Options (Installed free of charge) ViX Team
- USB WiFi Option WIFI N 300MBPS USB
- USB Flash Drive (great for flashing firmware) Kingston 16GB DataTr..
x 1 £351.79 Remove
Sub-Total: £293.16
UK VAT: £58.63
Total: £351.79

fut1a
28-02-14, 16:43
Just realised there is a duo2 box out, does that mean the original is outdated and I would be better off with one of these?

fut1a
28-02-14, 16:48
Not too sure if I should have mentioned that I would be connecting the box to my existing sat dish. Like I have said I am a complete beginner so I do not know what benefits a better dish would give me.

garyblas
28-02-14, 17:23
Normal sky dish will be okay for uk use. If internet cable by box don't need wifi option. Box will have to be setup by following tutorials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigkenny
01-03-14, 15:32
That will keep you busy and happy for some time dont worry I use Blackhole myself but dont worry your image is OK. I also have auto bouquet as well as part of the plug in`s. This sets all the Ch` out like a sky box with all the sky numbers the same.

I`ve been using a DUO+ (same as yours with a 1TB HD) for about 3 years. Been a great box my first was a clone but decided to buy the real thing makes it easier to upgrade. Loads of software/plugins etc on the net. I`ve had a few boxes the last few years Technomate HD STB, Dreambox HD STB but the best is my VU DUO+
I still use a Dreambox clone a 518-s as a 2nd box in a bedroom but the DUO is my main box. You can do loads with it one of the best Sat` boxes on the market even though its a few years old now still not out of date. If you want a good twin tuner with loads of easy upgrade plugins its still got plenty of life init

tomthebomb1968
01-03-14, 16:33
If you only need 2 tuners buy a Solo2 mate